PDA

View Full Version : Interesting way to organize FAQ's

hoot
07-29-2003, 19:19
Check this out...

http://forums.maxima.org/showthread.php?s=&threadid=72447

Burner
07-29-2003, 21:03
Hoot, Man that is way too much stuff! I think it's fun when people ask all the "Same" questions...over & over again. This fourm needs "turnover" to justify. Having that type of setup would negate "searching" for a topic. Besides, it would make it wayyy too simple. tongue.gif Looking around here and finding what you need is as easy as falling off a log. :D

Burner--------> :D

CleviteKid
07-30-2003, 07:49
Hey Hoot !

I just discovered the maxima.org forums a few weeks ago, when the CV boots on my '96 SE were split and spewing grease all over the front wheels, brakes, suspension, etc. etc.

The posts there convinced me that instead of the two-piece "glue-on" boot kits, I should just put in rebuilt axles, and the posters filled in the gaps that the Nissan Shop Service manual overlooked. It really was an easy job.

What is your interest in Maxima's, other than how to organize the FAQ's on a Forum? And did you notice HOW MANY posts there are every day over there?

Dr. Lee :cool:

hoot
07-30-2003, 08:18
Lee,

I discover that site the other day.

We picked up a 95 Maxima for Grandmom last year. Had 111,000 miles on it. Her old 85 Tempo was falling apart and she needed a reasonably priced used car. Found the Maxima for sale locally on the side of the road. Gave $5250.

Car is in nice shape. Way too much power for her but it's reliable. Except....

Last week wouldn't start intermittantly.
Turn key, sometimes crank sometimes nothing.
I cleaned the battery terminals.
Rebuilt the starter. $110

Still problem

I jiggled the key different ways and found I could make it start. (I did that before but apparently didn't do the right thing)

Looks like I need an ignition switch. Looks like the electrical portion can be removed seperately. Nice design. With all the traffic over there, no one has answered my "Replacing ignition switch" post.

On a side note..

There was this little old Chevy Chevette in front of me the other day. Going slow and smoking. Old man driving it.... yep.... diesel.... yep.

[ 07-30-2003, 08:45 AM: Message edited by: hoot ]

hoot
07-30-2003, 08:24
Wow...

Just got my answer.

Couldn't have been better. (Search feature is temporarily disabled)
http://forums.maxima.org/showthread.php?threadid=200696&highlight=how+to+replace+ignition+switch

[ 07-30-2003, 08:34 AM: Message edited by: hoot ]