PDA

View Full Version : Fun,Fun,Fun

Texas Red Wagon
07-30-2003, 22:13
I just thought I would tell everybody about my race against an 02 chevy 5.3L ext cab stepside. Chevy has headers,true dual w/flo's,bigger throttle body, and whipple supercharger :eek: I know because I helped install it. We were messing around today. Both trucks from a stop sign. Once I hit 3rd it was over. 5.3L has nothing on the big end. We even went from a 20mph roll. Even until 4th gear, I just kept pulling. Had to let up before the Big Z hit. Never ran a full qt mile pointless. God I love this truck :D

Scott

mtomac
07-31-2003, 00:23
Have you ran the Duramaximizer & PPE TechIV at the track yet? Does the Allison let the motor use the extra rpms or does it just shift at 32XX rpm anyway?

king D
07-31-2003, 05:00
the extra rpms deff help out my brothers truck .the rpms do go up higher and thus seems like less defuel.the ppe and maxamizer combo has went a best of 13.68 best som far but track was wet and 60ft slow.it will prolly go 13.5s

Coghlin
07-31-2003, 07:13
How did you like the duramaximizer?

mtomac
07-31-2003, 08:48
So even with the Allison the extra 500 rpms are useable? What rpm does it shift at?

Texas Red Wagon
07-31-2003, 12:11
Micheal
I have not had time to go to the track, from what I have seen and heard from other people, I do believe the extra RPMS make a difference. I would be interested in seeing what a transmission that can hold it would do.

Scott

king D
07-31-2003, 13:56
mt the extra rpms def help with a stock tranny cause it gives that much longer for the shift to happen before redline approaces and power is softly cut back.once the tranny fix is done the extra rpms are nice but not needed.however the one thing that is better about the reflash is that the reflash will somehow work with the tranny better and shifts are faster....jess

Texas Red Wagon
07-31-2003, 14:40
Tranny shifts differ between settings, alot firmer on the low setting, shifts faster on the higher setting
not firm enough though.

Scott