PDA

View Full Version : Hypertech or Superchip?

texags02
03-16-2005, 16:34
Has anyone used these programmers? I have an '03 duramax and not looking to race or anything, just a little extra power and mileage. What are ya'lls experience with them.

Dalmation6
03-16-2005, 18:59
I have the hypertech's latest model thru 2004 1/2, very easy to program. I did notice a power increase but only when you need it. I have not noticed an increase in fuel mileage but there wasn't a loss of fuel mileage either. I bought the hypertech also because I increased the tire size and it will reprogram the speedo.

DmaxMaverick
03-16-2005, 20:08
Have you looked at Predator?

Check out TDP Programmer Review (http://www.thedieselpage.com/reviews.htm)

Compare all of them. The two you mention rank pretty low in my book.

Dunin Duramax
03-17-2005, 12:41
I think the best "Bang-4-the-Buck" by far is the Hypertech unit. I have owned several of these products with the Hypertech being the first and I never encountered problems in any power level (engine codes, etc.)and I was able to adjust for taller tires. I believe I pad $345 for mine which is much cheaper than all of the others. I have tried the Edge with Attitude and it cause transmission problems which persuaded me to get a trans upgrade. I now use a PPE programmer which is great too, but the trans upgrade is a must with it (+300HP). I recommended the Hypertech to a few friends and they love them. They weren't looking to race. Just some cheap, safe HP. Sorry for rambling...

cowdoc
03-17-2005, 13:18
Look into the Predator. I have the Predator and my Dad has the Hypertech. My truck will smoke his on similar settings. Also the Predator has the ability to erase codes.

cowdoc
03-17-2005, 13:20
On edit......
I noticed you have an LB7. I have heard that the Predator was not as good on the LB7 as it is on the LLY, so you might want to rethink what I posted earlier.

silverback
03-20-2005, 15:34
My new Hypertech also clears/erases codes. I'm using the level 1 tune and just returned from a weekend of towing our travel trailer. I'm very happy with the performance improvement. I also programmed the speedo for my larger then stock tires. If you search this forum you will find several posts of possible problems caused by the Predator. That's one of the reasons I went with the Hypertech. I do believe the Predator will provide the higher performance tune, but that wasn't necessarily what I was looking for.
Ken

JrTuner
03-20-2005, 16:40
How about a Quadzilla? Their new base programmer has 6 tunes. Has the ability to modify the speedo for tire size changes and raise the speed limiter. It also will read and clear codes. Price has come down to be competitive with other boxes even though you get more power from the Quadzilla. Compared to the Predator (I own both) the Quadzilla out performs it on all levels and has cooler EGT's.