PDA

View Full Version : Can a GMC Dealer Warrantee an IP on a Chevy Truck?

TurboDiverArt
12-16-2003, 14:58
Hi All,

I think my IP is going on my truck and it

BBCB
12-16-2003, 18:59
For what it's worth, I had to take my GMC to a GMC dealer - as my preferred Chevy Dealer could not replace it under warranty.

I think there are exceptions if there is not a "proper" dealer nearby. Ask your Service Rep. for the possibility.

BBCB

MikeC
12-16-2003, 20:33
Diver,

I have a Chevy and a GMC dealer here about 3/4 mile apart.

The Chevy guys are great, the GMC guys are idiots.

I took my GMC to the Chevy dealer for IP issues, they called to make sure it was OK, then they took care of me. Turned out to be the fuel shut off solenoid which they wrote as warranty. "It was part of the IP and it is covered" is what I was told.

Burban had 90K on the clock at the time. I guess it depends on who they are and how they write it.

Take the Chevy to the GMC guys if you like them and can work with them.

GOOD LUCK!!

Mike

jpaitala
12-16-2003, 21:20
Sorry for a stupid question, but is this warranty world wide or just within the US and Canada?

This satruday I'm getting a '97 burb that has 95 000 miles on it, so if I get problems with it is the warranty still usable for me here in Finland?

Thanks.

autocrosser
12-17-2003, 05:31
I just asked that same question about a week ago. The Chevy dealer said they could do the waranty work on a GMC. I/m getting my IP replaced under warranty now but it's at a GMC dealer because the chevy dealer said that they just replace parts on the pump if that will fix it.

The GMC dealer called me yesterday and didn't even know about the extended IP warranty. They said it was out of warranty and quoted the original warranty. I had to give them the info. I wonder how many folks have paid to have a pump replaced when it should have been under warranty.

TurboDiverArt
12-17-2003, 10:24
That's a pretty good point. I plan to print out the information on the warrantee and have it handy when I talk to them as well as when I drop off and pick up the truck, just in case.

Thanks for all the input,
Art.