PDA

View Full Version : wahoooo, got a duramax :)

tswartos
06-27-2004, 22:18
Finally figured out a way to pick up a duramax and get the little lady to go along with it. We are both happy with the results. I've been testing all the newer generation diesels and this truck had the right mix of goodies and power that I wanted. We pulled a 24' boat thru some heavy duty mountain passes this weekend and it performed great. Pretty much confirmed what everyone else has been saying all along.

More Power
07-01-2004, 09:57
Congratulations!

It'll continue to impress!

MP

Marty Lau
07-13-2004, 13:18
So Tim now that you have your very own DuraBux truck what are the plans for the '95 6.5TD????

tswartos
07-15-2004, 11:14
I thought I answered your question on the phone last month...at least I thought it was you ;)
Well drive it, sell it, keep it...whatever happens...happens.
My stepson decided to put JKs exhaust on it while we had the DMAX in the mountains. Well he got stumped and left the old exhaust hanging so its sitting in the garage. As soon as we got back from our vacation the temps hit a hundred so I havent really wanted to climb under the truck. Funny thing...I bought it from john last year and it just sat in my garage...always seemed to be ready to get around to it next week. More of a computer geek at times then wrench head. Got a 72 Mustang convertible w/351C that keeps me on my toes as well.

[ 07-15-2004, 11:30 AM: Message edited by: tswartos ]

nampadmax
07-15-2004, 12:45
Thanks Tim-enjoyed the rag about hauling in the mountains-we just got back from 2000 mile Colorado trip with the 26ft. Nomad--hauled up Independence Pass-12095 ft., one lane road, restricted to vehicles 35ft. or less--opps :)--never even had to go deep and still got 14.4 mpg--this Jimmy is a haulin' machine!!