PDA

View Full Version : Banks on Trucks

More Power
03-03-2005, 08:58
I caught the Spike TV show "Trucks" last weekend. Gale Banks was a guest, and they discussed diesel performance. One item that caught my attention was Gale's mention of a 7000-rpm Duramax.... :eek:

Anyone else see this program?

MP

Ponderosa JT
03-03-2005, 11:08
Yes, I saw the Trucks last Sunday. 7000 RPM seems pretty unbelievable. If the torque doesn't drop off too much, imagine what kind of horsepower will be seen. I also thought the use of a PDA to display and control the Banks system was very nice. It's always fun to watch Tracy (the host) test the vehicles. He didn't hesitate sticking the Bank's Duramax into a mudhole.

Jeff

Bill Moncrief
03-04-2005, 05:19
Hello;
Well the man does have a Darango going over 200 mph on the salt flats! My question is if Banks intends to convert trucks and sell them as a package who covers warranty Banks or GM? Also will they be sold at dealerships the way Choo Choo Customs trucks were? Wonder what GM will say about aftermarket items now :D
TOWER JAKE

Jim Brzozowski
03-04-2005, 09:38
Really sorry I missed that. Based on the design of the block with the cross bolted mains, just like the top fuel guys use, the size of the bearing surfaces and journal diameters of the crank and it's nitride hardened forging, same as the top fuel guys use except they have an additional trick or two they use. I would think the Duramax could probably run 7000 RPM for days if you watched the temperatures of the liquids and exhaust. Again based on the design and construction and metallurgy used, this has to be one tough engine.

Heartbeat Hauler
03-04-2005, 10:08
Originally posted by SoTxPollock:
Really sorry I missed that. Based on the design of the block with the cross bolted mains, just like the top fuel guys use, the size of the bearing surfaces and journal diameters of the crank and it's nitride hardened forging, same as the top fuel guys use except they have an additional trick or two they use. I would think the Duramax could probably run 7000 RPM for days if you watched the temperatures of the liquids and exhaust. Again based on the design and construction and metallurgy used, this has to be one tough engine. I would agree except for the HUGE amount of mass that would be spinning in a DMAX at 7000 RPMs. I bet the top fuel guys are running pistons and rods so light that all 8 probably weigh less than 1 piston and rod in a DMAX.....maybe I'm exagerating, but you get the point. I sure wish I woulda seen that show!
JP

whatintarnation
03-04-2005, 10:41
For those of you who missed it, catch the next shows:

Spike TV's Trucks! and Xtreme 4x4
Banks will be featured on three new episodes of Trucks! and Xtreme 4x4. Prepare to be blown away by hot new products unveiled on the shows, plus get the first look into project vehicles that will steer the future of diesel trucks in a new direction.

Show one
Trucks!: Feb 26/27 and May 14/15
Show two
Xtreme 4x4 : March 5/6 and May 21/22
Show three
Xtreme 4x4 : March 12/13 and may 28/29

Additionally, you can log onto http://www.bankspower.com/ontelevision.cfm and see the segments listed below.

Spike TV's Trucks!

Host Stacey David goes through the installation of a Six-Gun Bundle on an

stephen_board
03-05-2005, 13:11
If you go to the Banks web site he has an article on where he sees the future of Diesel going. He does indicate that the high rpm engines will be much smaller and lighter.

It's a good read.

Now I just wanna know the details of the truck Stacey tested. Supposedly you can get one built by Banks although I cannot locate info on the Banks page about it.

Stephen