PDA

View Full Version : 2004 Warranty Issues!

rickdlance
06-24-2004, 03:32
After having major power and milege issues with my 2004 LLY Duramax I was told by the dealer there was nothing they could find wrong. They suggested I call GM direct. They took about a week and called me back to tell me they know they have a problem, but don't have a fix yet. When I asked what I was susposed to do with my work truck that I couldn't work, I was told that they would fix it when they knew how. I tow for a living and put about 3500 miles a week on my trucks, and this truck costs me about $200 a week more in fuel than my 2001's. It also goes through a severe no power/ overheating mode sometimes, where it won't run the speed limit even on level ground. I am going to get a lawyer and waste my money that way instead. I have been a Chrevrolet man all my life, but this week I will by another brand!

OC_DMAX
06-24-2004, 05:53
They took about a week and called me back to tell me they know they have a problem, but don't have a fix yet

If GM cannot resolve your issues with their customer processes, then the next step is to investigate the Lemon Laws of the state you live in. Let them fix the vehicle on their time/dollar, you just want a new vehicle.

Try these websites:

http://www.123car.com/lemon/lemonbystate.html

Specifically for Missouri:

http://ago.missouri.gov/publications/auto.htm

06-24-2004, 08:03
Rick, check out the problem I had with my truck early on. If your turbo is going in and out you may have a similar problem that I did.

http://forum.thedieselpage.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=3;t=007456

rickdlance
06-27-2004, 05:55
Dealer changed those parts last week. Did not help. I have never got any codes.

rickdlance
06-29-2004, 18:50
Dealer has now tried a new ECM. I will keep you guys informed as to weather or not this helps.

rickdlance
07-01-2004, 19:52
Still no help. Last tank pulling was 6.9 mpg and still overheating on hills and won't hold the speed limit on any grade at all. I qualify for the lemon law on my next visit. I don't know if I trust the GM people after the way they have treated me on this.

4diesels
07-02-2004, 13:32
No offense but, having tried all three brands as work trucks, the GM's are last place by a big margin. Try the Cummins, nice trucks.

Now, as far as how GM treated you, don't expect better ANYWHERE else. I have had to deal with Ford and Dodge at the "customer service" level and can tell you that they all try very hard to minimize warranty costs. In other words, rarely do they do the right thing for the customer. You are also not alone with GM customer service. I recited the last four GM trucks to her in hope of getting some "loyalty" help from them on my '03. Yeah right! Then it struck me...I have had to go to CS on each of my last four GM trucks for one thing or another. Maybe it is time we both learned a lesson :(

Spartus
07-05-2004, 18:33
Request to speak with the DISTRICT MANAGER. He can authorize a BUY BACK.. If he won't autohorize one, then tell him THE STATE will through the lemon law.. I used this technique several years ago on my 2001 Chevy. I had to pay .06 cents a mile though, but still came out ahead over a trade in or even selling it out right.