PDA

View Full Version : RamAir setups

DMAXDiva
01-15-2003, 17:23
Ordered a new AirRaid ram air box from a friend who owns a truck accessories store about 6 weeks ago, still waiting. Company now says that the tester DMAX using the prototype keeps throwing codes. Needless to say, I cancelled my order as soon as I found that out. My dealer friend tells me that K&N no longer sells the AirCharger...is that true? If so, which setup should I look at now?

Thanks for the input, as always... ;)

SteveO
01-15-2003, 21:23
DMAXDiva,

I don't have one myself but a few members here have the AFE Intake Systems..

http://www.afefilters.com/intakegm.asp

If you browse some of companies who advertise here on the Diesel Page.com, you should be able to find what your looking for...

Hope that helps...

TN farmer
01-15-2003, 22:11
Diva, speaking to friends of mine that own other brands of trucks I have heard postive comments about aFe filters. They have owned both K & N and aFe on their trucks and swear that the aFe is a better intake. I think it may cost a little more but sounds like it may be worth it.

Let us know what you decide and how you like it.

Kennedy
01-15-2003, 22:34
I think that most mfr's have given up on this application as the MAF sensor just isn't as easy to get along with. I learned that myself (the hard way) quite some time ago.

Modified stock box with Amsoil foam filter is all I need...

AnTKoch
01-15-2003, 22:39
I have the AFE setup, I was impressed with the quality of the unit, the replacement box is metal and the replacement pipe to the turbo is metal. I don't know if I really feel a big power gain but I already have the JUICE so a little harder to notice slight power gains. The only compliant I have is a noticable increase in turbo whine. A friend recomended it to me and he is not juiced, said it brought back his performance after going to a larger tire size. A little tight getting it together might be another slight comlaint but really.

Hope that helps smile.gif

sdaver
01-16-2003, 07:22
I HAVE THE AFE STAGE II..............I THINK IT DEFINTELY MAKES A DIFFERENCE.........IT MAY BE ONE THATS NOT SO NOTICEABLE ON THE DYNO BUT MORE IN THE ON THE ROAD PERFORMANCE....... :D DAVE.......NO CODES, FASTER SPOOLING, A LITTLE WHINE,LOWER EGT,AND YES I DO UNDERSTAND THE PROPOSED EVILS OF A GAUZE TYPE FILTER.

TN farmer
01-16-2003, 08:42
Kennedy,

Do you or anyone have pictures of what your modified air box looks like.

Thanks

TraceF
01-16-2003, 08:59
I had problems with the MAF sensor on my 454 after installing the K&N filter charger unit. Put on a Granatelli MAF sensor and did the same thing. Had to put the stock tube and housing back on.

chevyguy
01-16-2003, 10:03
I have the k and n filtercharger system on a camaro now for going on seven years, and I havent had any problems with the MAF sensor. I also havent had any problems with the filter either.

sixl
01-16-2003, 23:21
I have a ram air hood and the aFe cold intake, works better with stock box grated than with the aFe setup. :D

RVGuy
01-17-2003, 08:36
Sixl,

You've just gotta come to the DFW gathering on the 25th. I really want to see your truck.