PDA

View Full Version : New Truck QUESTIONS

3500LSCC
02-25-2005, 09:51
I just purchased an 05 Crew Cab 3500 Dually w/Duramax 6 spd. tranny. I was wondering about some things. Are the diesels bad to "Gel" in cold weather. I have also heard about algae growing in the fuel in the summer. I know my truck has an engine heater, but I've heard about a fuel heater????? Should I use any additives in the fuel? Sorry about asking so much, but this is my first diesel. My truck may sit for a week or two without being driven, but will pull a camper in the summer. Traded an 03 2500HD w/6.0 engine. I love my new truck so far. Thanks

More Power
02-25-2005, 13:15
Have a look at the Diesel Primer (http://www.thedieselpage.com/members/features/primer.htm) article in the Member's Area. It should help answer most of your questions. smile.gif

MP

madmatt
02-25-2005, 18:58
yes diesel can gel in cold weather, your truck has a fuel heater built into the filter base, algae will grow in stagnet diesel fuel in warm climates. GM doesn't recommend the use of diesel fusl in their engines, but if you feel you should they name the Stanadyne brand driectly in a bulletin.

Jimamatic
02-26-2005, 21:24
It's now up to 2.71 per gal in my area. I wonder if it is possible that big oil is trying to make up for lost profits from a mild winter. Instead of low prices from too much supply, they'er ripping us off to make up for lost profits. I now that defies economics 101, but you never know. What ever the reason, I hope they choke on it.....
BTW 87 octane is around 1.90 per gal.