PDA

View Full Version : Unleashing the Beast

Grizz272
01-13-2003, 20:18
I have had my Duramax for less than a month. She seems like she wants to run. So on the way to work I opened her up a little bit. She was loping along up to 90 and didnot seem to even be starting stretching her legs at 98. I came up to a hill and backed off, never know whats on the other side. My question is, has any one down any flat out speed runs and if so what is top speed. Any one gone to Bonneville for the speed runs. If so what class?
I was told when I was researching for a new truck that the "Dmax will pull the camper at 90 through the rockies". I thought Yea right now I am thinking thats true. :D

Grizz
stock GMC 2K3 4x4 EC SB 2500HD D/A
We got the cold now where is the snow? I want to play with my new toy :D

AKDmax
01-13-2003, 20:36
Think you pretty much found top speed at 98. Not because it can't go any faster, because the general says shut-er-down. There have been some very humorous posts about min-vans having a higher top speed.

sdaver
01-13-2003, 20:56
hopefully, patiently, and maybe soon i'll truly be able to raise the bar to the 120mph+ levels depending how i adjust for tires..........if the predator programer ever shows up.........all the hype seems to have fallen in a big hole. my 8.1/alli would easliy get to 128 with my hypertech programmer.........i see this being alot easier with the dmax and hot juice's torque.

minivans beware :D dave :cool:

MountainMax
01-14-2003, 11:06
Griz-
Like they said the computer shuts it down at 98. I've been all over the Rockies. Yes, depending on your load, It's fun to see the surprize in their eyes when a truck pulling a camper passes them on Raton pass going uphill. If you think it wants to run now, I just Juiced mine (90hp) and it's a blast. Of course if you're pulling, one would set it at a lower setting and definately watch EGTs. I recommend getting the Juice as a safety measure.

This is not a joke. Even pulling from time to time you have to pass a slow moving vehicle. I hate pulling out and slowly building speed on 2 lane highways. With the Juice you can get out, up and back in a little quicker. And short bursts like that don't build the exhaust temps as much.

Whats equally pleasing is the way it wants to stop. Grade braking if you haven't used it is a real pleasure. Even off road in 4wd on steep down hills it helps you stay off the brakes. Enjoy the truck.