PDA

View Full Version : There are some good people left!!!!

thechevyhdman
01-13-2003, 00:08
Well I must say that I commend The Diesel Page for helping introduce some world class people to me. Today MACKIN(Al) RED GMC 2002(Tony) helped,(more like did themselves) Install my new Autometer guages. Not only did they help do a beyond professional job, They did it for free. I at least tried to get them to go out for lunch on me. Nothing no takers at all. Its people like this, that make you feel like people are still willing to give ya a hand. At least without having there other hand open for money. I know its odd to say this about something as trivial as a web site. But this site has really brought alot of good to me in the past year. Thanks Al, Tony, and TDP. Ive met some of the greatest people around because of this site. Bill.

P.S. We will be working as a team to install gauges, for as many beers as you can feed us an hour. If interested shoot me an email. Just Kidding

thechevyhdman
01-13-2003, 00:46
Opps Tony, I mean GMC-2002-DMAX. I was close. Bill

JEBar
01-13-2003, 04:52
Knowing those involved ... not surprised in the least ... many, many good folks here ... Jim

Toddster
01-13-2003, 07:52
Thanx a lot NEIGHBORS ! Geesh do I feel left out :( I even installed my guages all by my lonesome on Friday.....Only company I had was a bunch of empty Mich Ultra bottles ! Left @ the curbside again :mad: ........

srubrn
01-13-2003, 08:47
I received a free bumper from one of the members. John lives in Great Falls MT and I live in MS. He gave it to me for the price of shipping. Mine had a run in with a telephone pole, Dmax lost. Top that!!!

RVGuy
01-13-2003, 09:02
I didn't install anything this weekend. Nor did I drink any beers. Nor did I have any help with either of the above. Talk about feeling left out???? :D tongue.gif :D tongue.gif ;)

All-tuned-up
01-13-2003, 09:57
Chevyhdman::

Nice message, wish I could lend you a hand one day. Have a simple question for you, read about what you've done with your tk, is it possible to hook up some amplifiers to the factory radio, noticed you put different speakers in?

Thanks a bunch.
:D

mackin
01-13-2003, 17:01
Bill

Anytime any place but you all ready know that,bro...... smile.gif

Toddster

You know dude I thought about given you a shout but since it wasn't my wrench'in day and this was happening at a third parties location I didn't want to impose, so ah ha, you were in mind......

Rest assured that we will be getting together soon, as I all ready told the wifey I got to meet up with Bill to help fine tune the settings on them new RS 9'S he has to install in the corners.....

Now I know it's hard to believe that, but it doesn't matter that it's BS because my wife just needed to fall hook line and sinker for it, as she did, and since for the first time meeting up with Bill and coming home with only Bubble Gum on my breath besides Vodka Tonics it will happen soon.....So keep an eye on your mail box..... ;)

MAC

Paintdude
01-13-2003, 18:31
A little of topic but still a good story about today..

I had Knee surgery Thanksgiving and had my last follow up appointment today with the surgon..He said I was fine and no more appointments or theropy needed..Then I asked him about my deductable I owed him (method of paying,etc)Then he said"Dont worry about it I will just right it off.." I was at a loss for words..It is less than 300 bucks...I am still at a loss of what to say,except thanks.....He blind sided me, that is for sure.. smile.gif

thechevyhdman
01-14-2003, 00:48
All tuned up. It is possible to put amplifiers onto a factory radio.I forget what the thingamajig is called but it taps into a speaker wire and gets signal from that and transfers it to the amp(because stock radios dont have pre-amp outputs for signal) I wouldnt really recommend using the stock radio if you have plans of having amps. The best purpose these factory radio's serve are as paperweights. The sound difference between stock and aftermarket is like night and day. The only reason I have an aftermarket radio started out as me swapping out my stock radio into another truck. So I went out and got a Sony XM radio, and from there on in I kept going and going piece by piece to where Im at now. Personally Id just spend the extra money on a nice cd unit and run amps off that. Bill

SoCalDMAX
01-14-2003, 02:40
The adapter to convert from speaker level to line level is called a line level converter and they're pretty cheap, Walmart even sells a 4 channel version with separate gain controls.

Most amps also have speaker level inputs, but you might want to experiment to see whether the converter-to-amp setup or the speaker-to-the-amp setup sounds better.

PS: it's nice to hear SOMEBODY say something nice about MAC. :D :D

Regards, Steve

[ 01-14-2003: Message edited by: SoCalDMAX ]</p>

GMC-2002-Dmax
01-14-2003, 08:12
Thanks Bill,

Mac, Bill, Toddster - Name the place, I'm a little thirsty. ;)

4 Juiced Diesels, a few adult beverages, uh oh ---&gt;&gt;&gt; lotsa rubber going down on asphalt that day :eek: :eek:

GMC

;)

Toddster
01-14-2003, 08:23
Scary aint it ! ;)

All-tuned-up
01-14-2003, 09:09
Thanks for the help on the stereo wiring question. The only reason I wanted the factory radio in there was for the dash look, ease of use for others, and the ONSTAR. Maybe there's still a way to get that through with a aftermarket radio.

Thanks again, looks like out with the factory in with the Alpine CD Skip-0-matic.

mackin
01-14-2003, 15:06
All-tuned-up

You can retain On star with a new head unit,I did......I believe the Alpine head unit or any other for that matter looks alot better then the factory head unit....

MAC