PDA

View Full Version : Predator 1.03 just came in

dmaxalliTech
04-22-2003, 19:44
Ok, I just recieved my Predator from James at RWTD. I must say, his customer service is ut-most quality, he is a pleasure to do business with. Please note, I have no dyno, no G-tech, no scientific machines. Just my seat and the go pedal.

I decided to go with the Predator because of its ability to change tire size calibration. Installation was a snap. It's a nice feature to have a full data stream along with it, it might help you get some results from the dealer when you have problems. Imagine going into the dealer and telling him your worried because your NO. 4 injector balancing rates are around 5mm3 :D

I have had a juice installed in my truck before, but only for a couple days at a time. I will make my comparisons to this. The Juice seemed to pull harder from a stop, but once rolling along, they seemed real close. I do notice a bit more smoke from the predator then I noticed with Juice, but this could be my imagination. I do not have gauges installed yet so I cant comment on temps and boost pressures.

I think that for the money, and especially if you have over size tires, the Predator is great. Juice is a little easier to use, just a few taps of the pedal. Predator will give you more options though. I like that. :D

I dont have the intimate knowledge of alot of these performance add-ons as do some in here, but I feel very confident in my Predator with what I know so far.

Could the Juice share the throne???

PS, Juice was 4.61 and Predator was on 100hp tune

Jimmy O
04-22-2003, 21:33
You Predator sounds good! smile.gif But a question about the tire size thing. Had my truck in for service the other day for the Service 4wd message and GM has no fix yet. I also stated that the truck seemed down on power when compared to my 02 Dmax and when compared to my father in-laws 03 Dmax. Service Manager stated the power problem was due to the fact that the computer in the truck is set for 265 tires. I do in fact have 265 tires and the truck was in for service with just 73 miles on it for a failed solanoid in the tranny. I believe that is when the dealer changed the computer. I told them to set the truck for 245s but they would not return it to the factory setting. I made a phone call to the owner of the dealership and they will now set the computer back. :mad: Sorry for my long post but, I need to know if they are stateing the truth or not. If they are is the Predator better for adjusting for larger tires. Any help would be great as my Juice will be here on Friday and would like to have this tire problem fixed by then. My 02 ran the exact same tires with no changes to computer and the speedo was very close. THANKS. :D

Bush Pilot
04-22-2003, 21:57
Jimmyo

I had the same service 4 whl drive problem. They replaced the encoder and re-progamed. The proplem went away. I was reading on this site that what they were doing was temp fix. I went back to the service department about a week ago and asked if they had the new encoder that was the permenent fix. The service manager said they had just gotten the new ones in so they did it again. You might check your service department and see if they have gotten them yet.

schnier
04-23-2003, 05:28
Predator-Tire calibration-GPS.

Well I also jusr received the 1.03 and adjusted my tire size to the 265 x 75 x 16 tires that I am presently running, (stock was 245). The GPS is a Garmin Legend and I set the cruise on 70 mph, The GPS had a reading of 69.7 mph, which I would say is dead on. When I first purchased the truck it was within 1 mph, now it is within .3 mph. Now by Thursday I should have some (mpg) miles per gallon to see if my mileage will also come back from the lose of oversize tires. So far so good. I know some people do not like advertisers running the hype up, but in the last three months I have been nothing but satisfied with the product and sales.

NFLDMAX
04-23-2003, 05:31
You guys have me excited again....I can't wait to get my updated unit back smile.gif

dmaxalliTech
04-23-2003, 06:06
stock dmax has 245's and according to gm, there is NO calibration change for diesel engines in regards to tire size, there is adjustment for gas engines. You can alter the abs signals for tire size, but not the speedo through gm. I wouldnt want to have the abs and the speedo getting two speed different speed signals. might cause some problems. I am very impressed so far, short term data shows my fuel mileage at 22 mpg!!, The gas gauge dont lie, but this has only been one tank of fuel. I was getting about 14. granted, some of the increase was from correcting the speedo......

sdaver
04-23-2003, 07:35
I have run the beta verson of the 100 and a 120 and yes they are much better(but hotter).......I think I want to wait and upgrade to get the zero tune along with the tire adjustments(1.04 as I understand)......... :D dave

mtomac
04-23-2003, 08:22
i'm waiting for the zero tune as well

Kennedy
04-23-2003, 09:20
Eric,

If your mileage REALLY goes from 14 up to 22, and you can reproduce the results, I will GIVE you a 4" exhaust system...

You do understand that the real time mileage calculator is totally whacked by any performance mod that "lies" about what is really going on don't you?

dmaxalliTech
04-23-2003, 11:17
Kennedy, you can keep your exhaust system cause I dont have the 575 right now. I dont know the accuracy of the computer so I used the gauge and gallons to fill vs mileage. I think my biggest increase comes from the fact that my speedo is accurate and not running slow. This is only after one tank of fuel also. A few more tanks of fuel are neccesary for positive results. FWIW, I think the addition of the MEGA filter may help 1 mpg or so, cleaner fuel and all??? :D :D

thechevyhdman
04-23-2003, 12:10
Ok so now we can adjust, speedo, odometer, shift points with larger tires on the Dmax-Ally setup. So now I dont have to get a Superlift speedo calibration thing-a-majig?????
And is their an option to run that setup with the bigger tires, change speedo limiter to 125mph (on 2k2), but not add any new power levels?(juice is all I need) Am I missing something here or just a too good to be true deal?

dmaxalliTech
04-23-2003, 12:34
CHEVYHDMAN, you can adjust speedo, You will have to wait for 1.04 to a***ut with a 0 mode so you can stack juice.

schnier
04-23-2003, 12:58
Come on J.K., I want my free exhaust, when I get 22 mpg on my new calibration???? Just kidding. I will have results tomorrow when I fill up, by mileage. I would be happy with my original 17.5 mpg before mods, if it comes out?

dmaxalliTech
04-23-2003, 13:59
adjust, sorry

RWTD
04-23-2003, 14:49
dmaxalliTech, thanks for the sincere and kind remarks! I appreciate that buddy. I'm glad you're happy and that it's going well for you.

BTW, all who is interested, v1.04 came out today, but DiabloSport will not be shipping them out until tomorrow, so I will receive them on Monday and have them ready to ship out that day as well.

The *only* difference is that v1.04 includes the 0 horsepower tune, which will allow you to make adjustments to the speed limiter, tire sizing, and axle calibration w/out having to run a power calibration to do such.

To ease everyone's concerns, this is the last *known* update for a while, unless there are any major bugs needing to be worked out in this v1.03/v1.04 release, but that isn't foreseen to happen at all.

Sincerely...

[ 04-23-2003: Message edited by: RunninWithTheDevil.com ]</p>

stillracing
04-23-2003, 19:16
Hi

Can I use the benefits of the juice power and the diagnostics and speed limiter of the predator together.

dmaxalliTech
04-23-2003, 19:25
stillracing, It is recommended not to stack the two togather, you can use Predator in 0 mode if you have 1.04 with the juice.

Burner
04-23-2003, 22:15
I was wondering if the "new" Predator ran cooler or hotter than the old version? I don't even know how hot the stock EGT's are. DTech, do you have a chart of stock EGT's, 1.03 EGT's and some new 1.04 EGT's on your truck? Could you post them?

Thanks,

Burner------&gt; :D

Cobra One
04-24-2003, 02:02
Hi all--I also recieved mine today and promptly installed it. Piece of cake to upload, I don't believe it could be any easier unless James came with the unit and installed it for you!! As for how the truck runs, all I can say is WOW!! I installed the 65hp load and get no smoke, only LOTS of power. The engine runs smooth and I swear it's quieter then before(at cruise, not when I get on it). After I fill out my will and put my affairs in order, I will try the high power loads! I guess my only questions are--Why no case to carry the Predator in? Why no decal to put on the truck? and how and when can I download v1.04? This is just to COOL. Thanks James.
John

RWTD
04-24-2003, 10:44
John (Cobra One), I too have asked about offering a "hard case" for the unit. You do have to admit, though, that the orange box is kindof cool before you take the unit out of it :D

As for the sticker, shoot me an email me and I will mail you one out, not a problem. They come with the chips, and I have requested them to start including them with the Predators.

stillracing, as dmaxalliTech said, it is not recommended to use the two together, although you could use them totally safely together with the new 0 calibration tune on the Predator, and still gain the benefits of raising your speed limiter and also adjusting your axle and tire sizes, so you can adjust your speedo properly, if need be. Many have stacked the two together (Predator and Juice) and some have reported good gains, but I must ask you to exercise caution when doing such, and to definitely always monitor your EGT's.

Burner, there isn't anything different on the v1.04 and v1.03 except the inclusion of a 0 powered calibration, so the EGT's will be the same amongst them. BTW, I tried contacting you yesterday. Tried getting ahold of David today too, but only get his voicemail. When you are able, call me in a bit: 251-694-1112

Hope everyone is having a great day!

Sincerely...