PDA

View Full Version : Good News!

Vette Racer
01-11-2003, 00:40
Gee! I get tired of all the bad news. How about some good news. I have a 3500 2002 with 18k miles and It has not had a problem except for the hooky Camper mirrors.
Can anyone else say this or more?

wild bore
01-11-2003, 10:24
So far I have 7800 miles and no problems. I talked to a guy the other day and he has 57,000 miles on a 01 with no problems.

He also said he sets his cruise control at 61mph and gets 23 mpg from silver spring md. to ocean city.

I think I will start checking my mileage.

Bigwheel
01-11-2003, 10:31
Gee, I'm looking for some good news too, I have 5,000 miles, no problems, runs great, taken it on 4 trips, has a little tick noise, but I'm happy with it. I'm glad to hear some others are having some good luck!!! :eek: :cool: :D
Chad

Maxter
01-11-2003, 10:58
Around 40,000km (25,000 miles), truck purchased 1 year ago, January 10th 2002. No major problems beside these little quirks:

5,000 km - Water leak in cab due to bad rubber seal in running lights (GM recall).

38,000 km - NBSU switch replaced by new model (beige).

38500 km - Cab heater fan motor replaced due to mouse-like sounds comming from the dash.

When I began to tow heavy loads 12,000-15,000 # back in August, I had a tranny and engine update done to help the 4-5 shifting but I must admit, the Juice in November helped more... :D

In conclusion, very reliable truck so far considering the fact that I also use it almost like a farm tractor... :eek:

[ 01-11-2003: Message edited by: Maxter ]</p>

imported_
01-11-2003, 11:41
I have 29,000 trouble free miles so far on my 2002 Chevy D/A. Ive always had really good luck with Chevy vehicles....

Idle_Chatter
01-12-2003, 08:53
At 43,300 miles the only "had to" perform maintenance was a low beam bulb at about 20,000 and the drive belt tensioner at 40,000. Been a great truck and continues to satisfy. :D

Kennedy
01-12-2003, 10:45
The only Duramax related problem I have had in 31k was discovered yesterday. Started the truck in the shop with the hood open and it sounded like it had marbles in it. Shut it off and it did the same. Tried to stethoscope it and find the source with no luck. Turns out the serpentine tensioner is bound up. It moves, but creaks, chatters and doesn't work smoothly.

Other than that, I had a rear window trim improperly installed from new, lost an Onstar module, and had/have the drafty heater box. I also had the rear shocks warranted, but now have Bilsteins on.

I have some seepage at the hydro-boost shaft, and just a hint of steering shaft rattle when turning right, and a bit of play in wheel. If I can get the dealer to extend the warranty on the hydroboost, I'll leave it and see what develops. I also have a tricky little clunk in the drivers seat that is nearly impossible to recreate at will, but happens frequently. Especially when starting out.

HDLD
01-12-2003, 12:19
Over 11000 km on my 03, very happy overall. Have the tick but am running dino - just getting ready to use synthetic for my 2nd change. I don't hear it unless the window is down which is only when I'm at the Tim Horton's window. (accentuated by the proximity to a wall)

Very torn about how to proceed with oil/filter/change intervals.

Vehicle had a non-functional HVAC blower at purchase. They stole one from one on the lot hours before pickup. Doesn't seem to produce much/any air to the front side window vents but haven't had time to get it checked.

My driveway has a slight grade so when I take it out of Park when cold, I really have to yank it.

Couldn't get OnStar to work at 1st. Took a number of calls. Forget the exact issue. Something like they got their codes/VIN's mixed up.

Key fob/door locks went dead but thanks to feedback here, I found I could reset by holding down the open and close simultaneously for about 8 sec's. Saved me a trip to the dealer.

No towing yet, but hope to in a year or so. Dealer hasn't seen it since purchase.

Tsckey
01-12-2003, 22:29
Just a smidge under 11,000 miles and no problems with the truck at all. My key fob died, which is not so neat in rainy weather, but I'll get around to having that fixed pretty soon. No tick, no rattle, no lope, no wander. Crappy shocks, but we've all had those. Good mileage, great truck.

TC

MountainMax
01-13-2003, 08:39
01 w/41k
Reflash for lopey idle
NSBU switch @ 34k

No other problems.
Never a tick.

Rilo
01-13-2003, 10:13
22000 on my 02 and not a problem.

dmaxstu
01-13-2003, 13:44
26000 miles, had the intermediate steering shaft replaced, but still have slight steering rattle on right turns. Had both batteries replaced because of dead cells. Block heater set codes the first winter but has'nt so far this ,the second,winter. The truck has been an awesome puller. No other problems. Stu

ksss
01-13-2003, 14:09
I have 30K on a 01 K3500, Juice, Banks, Autometer gauges, Amsoil throughout. I had a MAF sensor go out. That is the only unscheduled trip to the shop besides updated computer settings. Like some others I pull a lot of weight, tons more then rated(no pun intended)and I can not express enough how impressive this pickup is. I make heavy equipment purchases every year. I am of course bombarded with sales claims of performance that the machines can't hope to achieve. This truck however is one of the few products that actually exceeds my expectations both in performance and reliability. I was concerned about first year production of a pickup that was totally new from the tires up. Those concerns are gone. All this said, there are improvements that I see on the 03's that I wish I had. But from a utilitarian stand point, my 01 is outstanding.

hoot
01-13-2003, 16:36
ksss,

What were the symptoms before your MAF went out if you don't mind me asking?

crafty
01-13-2003, 16:51
I've had mine for just over 2 years, 44,000 kms and the only problem I've had was the dual mass flywheel had to be replaced this past summer to cure a vibration problem. I've towed 9500 lbs a few times this past year and I get 16.3 mpg while doing so. The rest of the time the milage ranges from 18 to 25 mpg depending on how much is highway and how fast I go!!!
Love this truck!!! :D :D :D

ksss
01-13-2003, 20:00
Hoot,
The "check engine soon" came on. The were no symptoms and it didn't run any different. I drove about 40 miles to the Chevy dealer in Miles City, MT. They replaced the sensor. I was back on the road in about 45 minutes.

hoot
01-13-2003, 20:26
Thanks,

I'm surprised it didn't effect the way it ran.