PDA

View Full Version : New Quadzilla tuner!

GMCTRUCK
07-31-2003, 15:58
I know some of you know about it already but, for the rest of you how's a top level of over 200+rwhp and 420+lb-ft extra at the tires sound? Of course there are lower setting and you can program out the speed limiter. Doesn't sound too shabby. :eek:

king D
07-31-2003, 16:21
mine should be on friday ..will let you know

GMCTRUCK
07-31-2003, 16:57
I figured as much. ;)

Kennedy
07-31-2003, 17:12
Should have mine soon too. Last I heard he was putting the finishing touches on the high HP files.

Hopefully I'll find mine waiting here when I get back!

GMCTRUCK
07-31-2003, 18:17
Man you guys are sneaky. Trying to keep all the good stuff for yourselves huh? tongue.gif Lucky for me I happened to find out from Quad himself. I haven't looked but, he did say it was supposed to be up on his website by today so I guess he's gone public with it anyway.

heartbeatcanada
07-31-2003, 18:31
Ya was just on there site and its listed, was suppose to call today, but no time. I assume the tuner is called the Stealth Tuner, looks pretty good and decent price. Hopefully it doesn't follow the same steps as the Predator.

Hey King D can't remember if you told me when i talked to you, are you getting a custom program or the 135hp program??? Can't wait to hear some results, might just have to order one and see for myself. Made up my mind on the tranny too, thanks for your input. Later Jeremy

king D
07-31-2003, 19:17
heartbeat glad to help keep me posted

jesshd
07-31-2003, 19:35
Originally posted by heartbeatcanada:
Ya was just on there site and its listed, was suppose to call today, but no time. I assume the tuner is called the Stealth Tuner, looks pretty good and decent price. Hopefully it doesn't follow the same steps as the Predator.

Hey King D can't remember if you told me when i talked to you, are you getting a custom program or the 135hp program??? Can't wait to hear some results, might just have to order one and see for myself. Made up my mind on the tranny too, thanks for your input. Later Jeremy What do you see as Predator problems?
Jess

mackin
07-31-2003, 19:38
Has to be "HOT" ......

Stock tranny ok ?? :rolleyes: Think that BD @ 450 well handle it ??

Mac http://forums.thedieselstop.com/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shrug.gif

heartbeatcanada
07-31-2003, 20:07
JessHD

The Predator IMHO hasn't lived up to my expectations. Might be allright for some, but for me, naw. Great for the speed limiter and diagnostics, but the power........... I want more and i don't think its it.....have tried some higher tunes and still was not impressed....could just be me, kinda picky.

Mackin

I have researched the 3 tranny upgrade providers(4th should be out next week, i think) and have talked to users of the different brands, and tried to get some unbiased opinions other than the own manuf. input.

Ya i'm going with the BD, reasons... cost for one, no currency exchange, my dealer is giving it to me at his cost, and heard really good input from a couple of guys with some high horse power trucks and haven't hurt it, yet.(supposably the one truck is very crazy insane hp#s) Suncoast was a very close 2nd.

Have also talked to some guys around my area with the other brand trucks, and got some input from what they have seen and experienced first hand, some good, but some horror stories too, hence my choice, enough said.

Ya trannies gettting alittle tired, but i have no doubt the BD will hold a tonne more than advertised. Back to more research on future power enhancers, that is going to be going through the BD. Gotta love it. Later Jeremy ;)

mackin
07-31-2003, 20:23
heartbeatcanad

An insiders heads up ......

Problem is, I stood in the office of a reseller while on the phone too (?) insert name ..... BD is guaranteeing 450 HP period until "NEW" parts arrive ..... So take your time before you buy ..... Hopefully you get the "NEW" parts ......

To Say Suncoast who will deliver an unlimited Hp tranny to your door comes in second,for a better price,with a triple lock converter ??

I'm "on call" for a stage III kit...... Stage IV I feel goes beyond my expectations of my 01,plus I want my stock case ,call me anal .....

One thing to keep in mind, there is a whole lot of sharing going on ..... ;)

So be price sav'ey ......

Mac :D :D :D

[ 07-31-2003, 08:28 PM: Message edited by: mackin ]

Silver Bullet
07-31-2003, 20:25
Looks promising... Duramax Stealth Tuner (http://www.quadzillapower.com/duramax_stealth_tuner.htm)

GMCTRUCK
07-31-2003, 20:28
There's also a 215hp competition version that isn't shown.

mackin
07-31-2003, 20:37
130/280 ???

What and hell are you guys hooting and hollering about
Jesse 1 and 2 ??

What am I missing,some future programs ???

The HOT JUICE blows that away and I have it in INK,via Dyno sheets ...... No G-tec ,fuzzy math BS ......

Mac :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

mackin
07-31-2003, 20:41
Originally posted by GMCTRUCK:
There's also a 215hp competition version that isn't shown. Ah lets go G mans Chariot in Mid August ..... Better go find you a clutch ...... Or a anti burst'er,good luck from what I hear ......

orange2
07-31-2003, 20:57
coston the quad is what? I may be wanting more soon. After sturgis gauges and exhaust are going on the old b tch, need mo power then. :D

king D
07-31-2003, 21:14
mack i am not sure if your talkin to me or not on that 130 280 bit i am not sure what you mean.Quads tuner will have a race version that is supposed to put down more than 200.i hope to have a race program soon .it is on his web site .as far as 225 va versus hot juice a normal hot juice somebodys stuff prolly wasnt workin right,comp edge to 225 i dunno i dont have a dyno going to georgia in late august or sept to dyno il know more then

Kennedy
07-31-2003, 22:07
Originally posted by orange2:
coston the quad is what? I may be wanting more soon. After sturgis gauges and exhaust are going on the old b tch, need mo power then. :D May just have it shipped to Deadwood if we can manage some "diesel time" to play with it.

I shoulda been on the road, but had some major issues come up. Hopefully bright and early...

CPMac632
08-01-2003, 00:55
Wow that looks a lot like the pup downloader on bullydogs site. Imagine that.

heartbeatcanada
08-01-2003, 06:06
Mackin

When did you talk to BD? I know they changed clutch material, when i'm not sure. One of the fellows i talked to has an early version with the older material, with well over double, if not 3 times what a stock truck would lay down and hasn't had a problem yet. Definetely a tough decision to make, as reliabilty is a must. Thanks for the heads up, will call them back today and see if i can't pry some info from them. Later Jeremy :D

Silver Bullet
08-01-2003, 08:23
King D,
What is your opinion of your Quad product? Is it a quality product? How is their customer support?

Thanks.

[ 08-01-2003, 02:52 PM: Message edited by: Silver Bullet ]

mtomac
08-01-2003, 10:23
bullydog didn't stick their name on ANOTHER box did they?

CPMac632
08-01-2003, 10:50
I got the word from Quad today that only the plastic is the same. Tuning and such is entirely different.

king D
08-01-2003, 14:40
guys let me tell you this tuner absolutely has so much power you wont know what to do with your self.i will post more later...jess

[ 08-01-2003, 04:04 PM: Message edited by: king D ]

heartbeatcanada
08-01-2003, 15:12
So your saying its better than Edge Comp. :eek: I've got the number on speed dial, just waiting for the jury's final verdict.Later :cool:

CPMac632
08-02-2003, 10:00
King D email me your phone# if you've got time to talk.

Lonewolf867
08-02-2003, 10:21
Alright guys you are killin me here!!
Lets see here
How are the exhaust temps? Will a straight piped stocker work?
What about running it with a stock tranny?
I won't runn the highest setting all the time but would be nice to know I could at will...

DANG!! :D :D

You realize that since I started reading this forum you have caused me to purchase a new truck and now all the goodies...My wife is not happy with you guys.. ;) ;)

Mike

GMCTRUCK
08-02-2003, 16:18
Originally posted by heartbeatcanada:
So your saying its better than Edge Comp. :eek: I've got the number on speed dial, just waiting for the jury's final verdict.Later :cool: From what Quad has been giving for numbers it sounds like the comp Juice isn't even in the same league. I watched two trucks dyno with the competition OJ, one even had a "virgin" tranny and the #s were hardly better than the 125 OJ.

mackin
08-02-2003, 17:23
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by heartbeatcanada:
So your saying its better than Edge Comp. :eek: I've got the number on speed dial, just waiting for the jury's final verdict.Later :cool: From what Quad has been giving for numbers it sounds like the comp Juice isn't even in the same league. I watched two trucks dyno with the competition OJ, one even had a "virgin" tranny and the #s were hardly better than the 125 OJ. </font>[/QUOTE]Sure about that Bro ??

Guess you have no interest in my Dyno sheets last Saturday ,HUH ??
The Hot OJ smacked 130 ,give me a break .........
Mac ;)

big dipper
08-02-2003, 18:27
Mac,
Not sure how everybody else feels, but I don't want a dyno queen for a truck. Everyone knows the Juice has always put down it's advertised numbers and in most cases, exceeded.

We won't know the difference in the numbers until they are put on the same truck back to back. I can tell you that it does feel fast and shifts are better.......how fast you ask, well, give it a week or two. For the price of a regular Juice, you seem to get a bit more.

George

GMCTRUCK
08-02-2003, 19:32
Originally posted by mackin:
Sure about that Bro ??
Mac ;) Yeah, I was there. Like I said.....yawn ;)

mackin
08-02-2003, 19:52
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by mackin:
Sure about that Bro ??
Mac ;) Yeah, I was there. Like I said.....yawn ;) </font>[/QUOTE]Then what was my stock number on that HOT day ??
No bells no tricks no whistles.You were there ..... I dyno'd 371 717 Hot Juice,alone ......

If your questioning Eric's dyno then I would suggest you remove your numbers from your SIG tonight ......

Mac :D tongue.gif :D ;) :D

mackin
08-02-2003, 20:00
Originally posted by big dipper:
Mac,
Not sure how everybody else feels, but I don't want a dyno queen for a truck. Everyone knows the Juice has always put down it's advertised numbers and in most cases, exceeded.

We won't know the difference in the numbers until they are put on the same truck back to back. I can tell you that it does feel fast and shifts are better.......how fast you ask, well, give it a week or two. For the price of a regular Juice, you seem to get a bit more.

George Dude I'm game ... Anytime these guys want to put their money where their numbers, ER mouth are .......

I'm no ***** peddle to the metal each time ..... People have seen me dyno,I'm no spectator .....

No G-tech fuzzy math seat of the pants cry baby BS here, I have access to a dyno,and I'm not scared ......

[ 08-04-2003, 03:51 AM: Message edited by: mackin ]

big dipper
08-03-2003, 05:12
No cry baby BS hereCoulda fooled me..........

When my trucks on the dyno, I floor it......... WWWWWOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

Sorry, I don't feel like Edge is the only company out there and I don't owe them anything, I never got a special box from them so I guess I don't have to advertise!

GMCTRUCK
08-03-2003, 07:59
Then what was my stock number on that HOT day ??
No bells no tricks no whistles.You were there ..... I dyno'd 371 717 Hot Juice,alone ......

If your questioning Eric's dyno then I would suggest you remove your numbers from your SIG tonight ......

Mac :D tongue.gif :D ;) :D Hee hee, man, you're too easy sometimes. :D tongue.gif I knew if I started a fire with this post you'd come running with your Edge firehose to put it out. ;)

[ 08-03-2003, 08:05 AM: Message edited by: GMCTRUCK ]

mackin
08-03-2003, 08:15
Originally posted by big dipper:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />No cry baby BS hereCoulda fooled me..........

When my trucks on the dyno, I floor it......... WWWWWOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

Sorry, I don't feel like Edge is the only company out there and I don't owe them anything, I never got a special box from them so I guess I don't have to advertise! </font>[/QUOTE]Dude what's up ??? Man I have a whole trunk ER a back seat of boxes to play with,amongst other things ..... Prolly wont end there ....

Just saying I'll Dyno anytime anyday any where .... ;) Some people, not saying you, won't ..... If a Stealth should fall on my door step I wouldn't claim victory over anyone based on the load in the seat of my pants ..... I'd go "QUEEN" up and prove it ....
Man what's up with the ego's jezzzzz Louise .....A Guy post a little message and turns into a personal hoopa la ....

I'm out ..... Once again nothing personal .....

Edge Rocks !!!!!!!

Mac http://forums.thedieselstop.com/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/phoney.gif

mackin
08-03-2003, 08:34
[/QUOTE]Hee hee, man, you're too easy sometimes. tongue.gif I knew if I started a fire with this post you'd come running with your Edge firehose to put it out. [/QUOTE]

Ah my Dyno buddy ......

Yes, sounds interesting but for a few more weeks (I hope) it's not in my future spending capitol list ......On to this dyno thing ..... Ya know none of us seen you dyno come to think of it ..... http://forums.thedieselstop.com/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shrug.gif

When we showed up you just had a few pieces of paper in your hand and a big **** eating grin on your face .....

Now subsequently you show up at future rendezvous with "COPIES" of Dyno Graphs .... We really have to start asking ourselves some questions here ....

Lets start with where are the originals ... Are they framed in glass hanging in the office of yours ???

Mac http://www.turbodieselregister.com/ubb/hihi.gif http://www.turbodieselregister.com/ubb/hihi.gif http://www.turbodieselregister.com/ubb/hihi.gif

http://images.google.com/images?q=tbn:SPKRwOm1mzQC:www.git.com.au/~theedge/images/theme/bk_top01.jpg =&gt; http://images.google.com/images?q=tbn:AFHe84LrrsIC:www.co.henrico.va.us/fire/recruit/hose.gif

GMC-2002-Dmax
08-03-2003, 09:39
Hee hee, man, you're too easy sometimes. tongue.gif I knew if I started a fire with this post you'd come running with your Edge firehose to put it out.

Ah my Dyno buddy ......

Yes, sounds interesting but for a few more weeks (I hope) it's not in my future spending capitol list ......On to this dyno thing ..... Ya know none of us seen you dyno come to think of it ..... http://forums.thedieselstop.com/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shrug.gif

When we showed up you just had a few pieces of paper in your hand and a big **** eating grin on your face .....

Now subsequently you show up at future rendezvous with "COPIES" of Dyno Graphs .... We really have to start asking ourselves some questions here ....

Lets start with where are the originals ... Are they framed in glass hanging in the office of yours ???

Mac http://www.turbodieselregister.com/ubb/hihi.gif http://www.turbodieselregister.com/ubb/hihi.gif http://www.turbodieselregister.com/ubb/hihi.gif

http://images.google.com/images?q=tbn:SPKRwOm1mzQC:www.git.com.au/~theedge/images/theme/bk_top01.jpg =&gt; http://images.google.com/images?q=tbn:AFHe84LrrsIC:www.co.henrico.va.us/fire/recruit/hose.gif

UH OH,

I see a date with dyno coming sooner than we all think.............

Get your clutch checked Jesse....

Looks like somebody is calling you out.

Can't wait, I'll bring the cooler and the camera.......

GMC

GMCTRUCK
08-03-2003, 12:36
I can't help it if you guys showed up late. That's okay, if you want to watch it Geerhead was there and video taped my dyno run. In fact I might be the only one of us dumb dumbs with video proof. :eek: So, nya nya, nya nya nya tongue.gif