PDA

View Full Version : need advise

preach
11-15-2005, 13:20
I have a new 2005 GMC LLY and I am looking to add some power but I want to be smart. All of the maufacturers say thier chip is the best I have read about a thousand articles and I am trying to find help from the forum. I just read a post about the transmission being a issue that needs to be addressed first can someone help me with the best way to begin adding the correct items so I do not blow up the thing. Steve

olimaxx
11-15-2005, 19:32
well i have the EDGE with ATTITUDE combo and a RBP 4" stailess steel exhaust and a Volant air intake. lots of power. nice compliments to thd duramax.

preach
11-16-2005, 03:44
I am leaning toward the Edge. I have seen more feedback on it than any other. I am not leaning toward the attitude monitor because I think the 3-gauge pod looks better. I had to order the component seperately because we already have the trans temp guage and I optioned the clock in the z-series. Have you modified the transmission at all? By the way thanks for your reply.

oyazi
11-16-2005, 13:23
I went w/gauges first, then exhaust system and eventually juice/'tude combo. The gauges are surplus now but I keep'em there. Not for looks but should I take it in to the dealer, the 'tude comes out as does the juice and the gauges seems to support the presence of the probe. That said, I don't use the gauges much anymore because not only does the 'tude provide the info, it also monitors and controls some parameters ~ most significant being the EGTs. Just set and the 'tude will not allow the setting be exceded. I'm using the windshield mount for the 'tude controller conveniently placed between the rearview mirror and the headliner. Me thinks IT looks better but thats me.

If sizing of the various chunks of monies weren't a consideration ~ the built tranny should come alot sooner than most of us get aroundtuit.

preach
11-26-2005, 12:16
Yeah thats the biggest problem MONEY. If I had about three more thosand I could really set it up I am looking to leather seat covers by Katzkin they are the best I have seen and then chip/exaust will be next.