PDA

View Full Version : Hey Y'all!

blowinsmoke
07-30-2003, 12:35
Been lurking for a while now and all I can say is WOW! What a great bunch of guys and information. You guys helped make up my mind about a Duramax. Tomorrow evening I go and pick her up. 03 CC LS 4x4 short box in Pewter almost specd to LT levels. Got to trade in my 03 Z71 Tahoe though.. :rolleyes: But oh well, we're getting a 5th wheel rv to go with it so that should be fun.. Anyway, just wanted to say hi and watch out for stupid question :D

sonofagun
07-30-2003, 12:39
blowinsmoke,

Welcome to the forum and the world of DMAX, you're gona love it!! http://www.handykult.de/plaudersmilies.de/biglaugh.gif

The only dumb question is the one you don't ask.

Enjoy,
Bob

HD-Nate
07-30-2003, 12:43
Congratulations and welcome.

WARNING this forum can get very expensive. The wife says the next thing I buy because

sdaver
07-30-2003, 13:23
welcome :D dave

chevmeister
07-30-2003, 17:34
nate go buy her something really nice and when the ups man rings the bell hand it to her and run for the door. :D

AbqGeorge
07-30-2003, 19:41
Hi blowinsmoke, welcome aboard;

One of the most interesting threads that I ever read on here was one regarding the ages of the folks hanging around in this forum. Anyone got that link?

I think the low was some 21-years-old whipper snapper (rich Daddy must've bought him his D/A smile.gif ) and the oldest was in his 70s!! tongue.gif tongue.gif

Talk about an age-diversity bringer togetherer!! (Oh, sorry DmaxDiva, but I don't recall you divulging your age?)

This 59 year old has gotten a little excitement back in his life thanks to the D/A. Dadgumthing got me my first ticket in 30+ years. $58 for 39 mph in a 30 mph zone in about 30 feet :( That's an estimate, I didn't actually measure those black marks. Really nice officer said I should be ashamed of myself. I really was, but I grinned the whole time. :D

Yep, nice folks around here.
Geo.

chevmeister
07-30-2003, 20:52
George
Why is it just because I can afford what most people cant at my age that is must have been given to me.
sincerly
some 21-year-old whipper snapper (now 23)

afp
07-30-2003, 20:53
Welocme!! We will do our best to make sure you always have a couple things on your list you absolutely must have for your truck.

Blaine

blowinsmoke
07-31-2003, 07:04
Thanks guys.. - You allways make me laugh too.
Hope to start adding the toys soon.. need to get that 500 on her first. I look forward to sharing the fun with ya.. ;)

4x4man
07-31-2003, 07:25
Chevmeister-

If it makes you feel any better I am 26 and my wife and I get that all the time from people in our neighborhood... Not to mention the parents wondering if we can afford all of our toys and all that... :rolleyes:

Here's my favorite we get a lot: Your too young for a 5er...they are for older people.. WTF??
What's next???
Have a good day,
Bob

Max Power
07-31-2003, 08:09
I know where you guys are coming from. At 26 Years old me and my wife frequently get asked 'how we can aford it'. I also have a fiver, boat and other toys.

Live for today because you don't know what could happen to you tomorrow! Like they say, money is no good to you when your dead :D

DMAXDiva
07-31-2003, 08:53
Well ABQGeorge, I reckon I'm smack-dab in the middle of the age range here at 43. Nope, i'm not ashamed to admit it; the 40's are INDEED fabulous!

And as far as toys go, I guess you all already know about my little "problem" with those... tongue.gif

Welcome, Blowinsmoke!

DMD

502_Jimmy
07-31-2003, 09:09
I too get the, "oh daddy must have bought that for you". Don't feel bad, I sure don't. Its nice to get into my brand new truck and drive away.
I figure it this way. I work hard for the money I make, and I am old enough (24) to spend it the way I choose. (Trucks, racing, assorted toys, whatever..)

Oh and by the way, Blowinsmoke, welcome!

John

blowinsmoke
07-31-2003, 09:22
Yeah - don't feel bad.. - I had crap all when I was growing up.. When I got a good job and made good money I started treating myself. I let people think what they want to think.. I just don't care. Like someone else said - you can't take it with ya.

Thanks everyone - dmaxdiva - now there's some toys... smile.gif nice..!

Silver Bullet
07-31-2003, 11:21
Hey Nate...if the wife cuts off the cable there is always Netzero!!! :D

Blowin' - check out if you have not seen it yet... Dallas Get Together (http://forum.thedieselpage.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=17;t=000106)

[ 07-31-2003, 11:26 AM: Message edited by: Silver Bullet ]

chevmeister
07-31-2003, 11:48
blowinsmoke
Welcome from what may be the youngest member.

sonofagun
07-31-2003, 13:13
George,

That's only $1.93 a foot. Can't buy a large coke for that!!!

Bob

AbqGeorge
07-31-2003, 15:47
Much apologies to the younger set here. It's just pure envy guys. I guess I was getting bored with all the threads on changing filters and just wanted to stir y'all up a bit. ;)

"$1.93/foot" LOL thanks Bob. Like I said, he was really a nice officer. You should have heard the line of stuff he rattled off that he could have nailed me for: reckless driving, endangerment, creating a nuisance, noise, smoke. Sheesh, I could have been referred to the Environmental Protection Association.

[ 07-31-2003, 03:54 PM: Message edited by: AbqGeorge ]

conradv
07-31-2003, 16:33
I'm 32 & live next to the barn that we lived in for 3 years when I was a kid (emptied out the hay first!)... Nope, my daddy didn't buy my '03 for me... lol

I like looking at that old barn, then at my new truck, then back at that barn.... Ah yes, the good ole days.

chevmeister
07-31-2003, 16:35
Well george you know how to push my buttons. :D No harm done, i know your just jealous that they didnt make the DMax when you were 21.

thechevyhdman
07-31-2003, 18:31
Hey ABQ George...Im 24 and im not working 15 hour days for nothing(even while I was in college)..... I see what I want and I work extra until I can get it......Im gonna try my best to have a house in a year....I started off right when I was young...Just cause Im young doesnt mean Im living off the silver spoon...Buddy :D ,(just kidding) Anyways at the rate im working...And looking at what I want, i'll be dead in a few years anyway...What the heck man you live--you die...enjoy it while you live
Carpe Diem.....My dad is rich, But he showed me how to get their with my own means and my own two hands.
Bill

dmaxalliTech
07-31-2003, 20:44
Wow, suprised at the young folk in here. I guess I cant talk at the ripe ol age of 25... but I am 25 and 11/12s :D . Got my fiver to (32' Open Road), quad, new baby, the whole works.. I even have the 70k in tools that are payed for finally. Nice to see some more young blood with Diesel poison.

AbqGeorge
07-31-2003, 22:51
Yep, you hit it chevmeister,

You see, at the age of 21 I hitchhiked from Watertown Air Force Station, NY to Reedman Chevrolet in Langhorne, PA to pick up a used 1960 Ford Falcon. This $98/month Airman had $425 in his pocket. Reedman wanted $450. I explained that I needed to be able to buy gas to get back to NY. Got it for $400 tax and all.

This sad tale still doesn't justify my insensitivity to you young folk that are working hard and deserve everything you can get.

... and Diva, you're partially responsible for the ticket. I WATCHED YOUR VIDEO. smile.gif

DMAXDiva
07-31-2003, 23:41
Oh my...guess I'd better add a disclaimer, eh?

;)

DMD

502_Jimmy
08-01-2003, 06:01
AbqGeorge-

NO offense was taken from you. I get that line all the time from people I see. So no worries about that. :D
My dad cannot beleive that I can afford the things I have and do either. He went through a similar situation as yours when he was young... But also he sees the point about only living once. smile.gif

Have a good one,
John