PDA

View Full Version : got it back...finally

DADGLW
11-08-2005, 16:12
after almost 2 weeks i got my truck back. replaced all 8 injectors, they said it was bad fuel. i get all my fuel out of the same tank for all trucks. don't figger, but i guess it's possible. suppose to pull tank and flush it. is there an easier way?

Kennedy
11-09-2005, 05:14
They probably saw the turds of rust and dirt that fell into the bowls of the injectors when the lines were removed and somehow figured that it can with the fuel. I'd ask them how they determined that the fuel was bad. Was it tested?

Did you have to pay for the job?

DADGLW
11-10-2005, 15:01
called dealer today to ask what was in fuel.he told me that there was sand or dirt..water and debri..sounds like he tested a dirty fuel can!!! took the tank off and had it cleaned, shop couldn't find anything in the tank.. even the filter was clean. but the truck runs great!! changed all 8 injectors and was all under warrantee!! hopefully this is the last of it..

D-max Man
11-10-2005, 18:26
JK is on the right money (I wonder how he knew that?).

The LB7 engine has a seal at the bottom of the of the fuel line and a vent passage between the line and the nut to vent any leaking fuel out & up to keep the fuel from getting into the crankcase.

Unfortunately this also allows dirt and debris to get into the passage and when you remove the lines it falls into the top of the injectors.

This isn't the first time I have heard of a dealer trying to pin an injector failure on the customer due to the dirt in the top of the injectors but they should know about it sense GM sent out a bulletin about this issue.

Don't let them make you pay more than your deductible for this issue. They need to explain how the dirt got to the injectors but there is none in the tank or the filter. (Besides dirt that size would never get past the filter).

Also, if you ever attempt to do a repair in the future, remember to vacuum the dirt out - DO NOT BLOW IT OUT! Blowing it will only lodge the dirt in deeper.

DADGLW
11-11-2005, 15:02
i kind of thought he was a little off base with the dirt, but to keep the peace i had it cleaned anyway. didn't have to pay any deductible, they covered it 100%. this dealer really bites... going to stick with CHEVY from now on , i guess, the dealer is a whole lot better to deal with.