PDA

View Full Version : AUTO /REMOTE STARTING ????

DATSBAD
11-06-2003, 13:24
I REALLY WANT TO PUT ON AUTOSTART ON MY TRUCK , IS THERE ANYTHING I SHOULD KNOW ABOUT IT ???

DURAMONSTER
11-06-2003, 16:15
Easy to do. Parts cost about $95. It also uses your factory remote. Hit your unlock button 4 times and the truck starts. It will shut off in 15 minuts if you dont get in with in that time. If you want your doors locked while its running. Then hit unlock 4 times to start the truck then hit the lock button. If you want one just say so.

Elowe65
11-06-2003, 19:23
Interested...

Please post or email me at web10dlc@gte.net

dmaxalliTech
11-06-2003, 19:53
need more info!

DATSBAD
11-06-2003, 20:28
yes please tell me how , i am going to drop my truck off on monday and pay $350 to get this done . post or email me jasmhuber@earthlink.et

DMAX Daddy
11-06-2003, 21:06
Im definitely insterested.

Diesels Forever
11-07-2003, 06:35
smile.gif Me too! Me too! justin@ltstitle.com smile.gif

Max Power
11-08-2003, 13:52
What good is that? How much range does the factory keyless remote have? 50ft? Good remote starts have 2000ft+ range. If you want a good remote start check out DEI's products or astrostart. If you want headaches, buy a cheapo product. You can buy a good quality remote start with 2000 ft of range for around $100. Installation is what costs more. With the product this guy is talking about you would still need to get it installed. Plus you have to bypass the passlock security system.

And this is not a Factory piece. GM does not manufacture a remote starter for our trucks.

[ 11-11-2003, 06:36 AM: Message edited by: Max Power ]

DATSBAD
11-09-2003, 14:13
i undertsand it is not a factory peice , and no big deal , and for the distance of a stock remote it is far enough for me.

know one will tell me how to do this with the stock remote so i guess i will pay the $350 on tuesday to have this done using an aftermarket set up , then it will reach far.

DURAMONSTER
11-10-2003, 19:04
Sorry guys I went out of town. Any how MAX POWER nows nothing about this system. Besides my factory remote has about a 200 ft range. Infact most dmaxes ive been around do. The installation of this system is vary easy to install yourself. You do use the factory remote that the truck came with. And the system does bypass the passlock system but only when you remote start it. I use it everymorning before I go to work and before I leave work and also when Im at resturants. Granted it does not have a 2000 ft range, but it works for what I want it to work for. I also do offer one that does have a 2000 ft range, it cost more and it uses its own remote that has a pic of a car on a screen on the remote and when your truck starts it shows smoke coming out of the ex pipe to let you know it did start. Hay its all about money.

Elowe65
11-10-2003, 19:45
So how do I get one? Email you, call you, wait for you to post again...

Just let me know...

Warranty
Install time???
Install difficulty???

Max Power
11-11-2003, 07:31
Your right. I know nothing about remote starts. Go ahead buy his easy to install do it yourself system. Enjoy your 200ft of range. :rolleyes:

DATSBAD
11-11-2003, 11:13
come on tell me whats up with this , wednesday i am spending $350 for a aftermarket system with 2,000 ft of range that i really do not need . email me at jasmhuber@earthlink.net

bookie3
11-11-2003, 12:42
Please post the info on the remote start that has the 2000ft range and shows the truck (Car) has strated.

BlueOx03
11-11-2003, 15:37
Want the best remote start on the market?
Get a Compustar (http://www.compustar.org/products/index.html) .
Just make sure you get it installed at one of their authorized dealers. The best thing to do is call them and ask who the best installer in your area is.

Some cool features are:
The remote has an LCD that shows the status of your truck. It's back lit too.
1/4 mile and 1-1/4 mile range models.
The 1/4 mile remote can control two vehicles.
It pages you if the alarm is set off.
You can get it set up to start and stop the engine to keep the truck warm.
It's set up for anti grind so you don't engage the starter with the engine running.
There are a bunch more features, check out their site to see them all.

Some things to think about.
I know most of the guys here know quite a bit, but I also know that we're all also human. Things can quickly go south during a quick and easy install. I've worked at car audio places that installed remote starts in different parts of the country and I think I've seen almost everything that can go wrong go wrong. Most of the people bringing there cars in with problems either put them in themselves or had it done at a hack shop. Most places will not install a system you bought somewhere else or even work on it for liability reasons. If you're happy with the range of your factory remote you can get a remote start tied into it and you're all set. Is it easy to do? Sure, if you know what you're doing. Most people who say it's easy have done it a few times at least. What's the worst that can happen? Most people will say it doesn't work. It takes less than a second to fry thousands of dollars of computers in a modern car. It even happens to pros sometimes, that's why they have insurance.
If you're going to add a remote start why not add an alarm too? It's only a little more money and a few more wires. The alarm can lower your insurance a little too, a remote start will not. A good shop can do all kinds of neat stuff too. Like tie in your high idle, automatic windows, tie in your roll top and/or tailgate lock They can also wire in triggers on your tail gate and hood. It's really limitless. I'm sure a lot of us can do this on our own, but weigh your options you may be money and time ahead by having a pro do it. Just make sure you get a good shop.
Hope this helps a little,
Ox

BlueOx03
11-11-2003, 15:46
Here's a couple other good ones:

DEI (http://www.directed.com/default.asp) Someone else mentioned them, they make Viper, clifford, sidewinder and many others.

Audiovox (http://www.audiovox.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_cat_carsecurity***p?type=nprev&catalogId=10001&storeId=10001&categoryId=874323&langId=-1&page=&urlString=&productId=) Believe it or not they make some of the best/most reliable remote starts and alarms out there.

That should cover it,
Ox

DURAMONSTER
11-12-2003, 21:27
I sent emails out to who wanted to know about them. Call me so I can tell you first hand about them.

DURAMONSTER
11-12-2003, 21:32
bookie3
BlueOxO3 pretty much covered that. click on his links. ALPINE/// also has one of the best out there.

DURAMONSTER
11-12-2003, 21:46
Max Power.
Im not just some hokey trying to help people out with some crappy stuff. My parents own 2 of the 10 biggest car stereo stores in california. We are one of the top ALPINE/// dealers on the west coast. Im around the stuff all the time and have been all my life. We have 5 D-Maxes in the family and a couple of them have this and the rest will soon when we have time.

Rockin
11-13-2003, 09:01
If you're going to add a remote start why not add an alarm too? It's only a little more money and a few more wires. The alarm can lower your insurance a little too,...

Because an alarm is just a way to wake your neighbors. It amazes me insurance would lower (I know it does though) for an alarm since they do nothing but annoy people.

BlueOx03
11-13-2003, 15:17
Well you have options with any quality alarm system. You can adjust the shock sensor to not go off only when someone messes with the truck for one. Another one is remember to disarm it before you try to get in. If you still manage to PO your neighbors, get one that pages, like a compustar and cut the wire to the siren.
The main reason most alarms lower your insurance is because they disable the ignition.

Hope that helps.

Ox