PDA

View Full Version : Head warping problems is there anything to it?

jfile
04-12-2003, 10:47
Is there a GM warranty reporting site where you could search for Duramax problems like the head problems that every F-rd owner is talking about. If not is there someone on this site that works for GM that know the real story behind the supposed head warping problems. Anybody in here have head problems?

dmaxalliTech
04-12-2003, 11:09
I havent seen any direct problems with warped heads yet, The only issues with heads that we have seen are pitting at injector cups, damage from or related to blown head gasket. Nothing as far as just warped though.

RATDOC
04-12-2003, 11:12
Think about it........F*rd sight talking about a G.M. product. Do ya really think they'd tell the TRUTH???? I'm sure that some D*DGE sights would yield similar results.
Bottom line is that ANY truck CAN have an OCCASIONAL problem....but the FACT is that the G.M. DURAMAX/ALLISON equipped trucks have LESS THAN ANY OTHERS and so far NO DOCUMENTED HEADGASKET ISSUES OCCURRING ON A ROUTINE BASIS!!!
Tom

Redhawk
04-12-2003, 22:08
The only warped heads I've heard about are the ones on the people who spread untrue stories about nonexistant problems with Duramax engines. You'd think they would have better things to do with their time.

[ 04-12-2003: Message edited by: Redhawk ]</p>