PDA

View Full Version : Delvac 1

ItsMrBill
06-28-2002, 06:53
For the last year I have been using Mobile Delvac-1 in my D/A and have had no problems getting it. A local service station carries the stuff for a few of us townies that own diesels.

Well today it was time to go and fetch the stuff. When I asked the person at the service station that I would like to purchase 3 gallons, they said that Delvac-1 is no longer made and they do not carry it. The stuff was too expensive to make and nobody was buying the stuff. Hmmm, first I heard of this. In fact the website for Delvac-1 mentions nothing about this.

Has anyone heard of this? They person at the counter that purchases the stuff said some company called Bailey (sp?) bought our the Delvac line and doubted if they would even make this stuff anymore.

If this is true, the folks at AMSOIL will be very happy.

george morrison
06-28-2002, 19:39
Delvac 1 is very much alive and well, I can assure you! It is available from avlube.com (or click on the AV Lubricants Banner on this site when it appears!
Delvac 1 has been around for 25 years and is not going away by any means. Every Kroger truck you pass on the highway along with many Wal Marts, etc. are running Delvac 1... With the increased cost of diesel fuel more and more fleets are switching to Delvac 1 for the 3% fuel savings which it provides and for a fleet that can be serious dollars.
Delvac 1 sales are up appreciably over last year and it is the flagship oil for ExxonMobil...
George