PDA

View Full Version : HYPERTECH VS. PREDATOR

PEANUTGRWR
07-23-2003, 23:45
HAS ANYONE COMPARED THE TWO? HYPERTECH ISNT VERY INFORMATIVE ON THIER WEB PAGE ABOUT WHAT THIER PRODUCT DOES. ALSO HAS ANYONE STACKED THE HYPERTECH WITH DA JUICE.

Maverick
07-23-2003, 23:49
I would like to know if the Hypertech has a "0" tune if I just want to adjust the tire size.

sdaver
07-24-2003, 06:12
hence "the battle of the under achievers" :D

mackin
07-24-2003, 07:00
The Predator at least doubles as the LIL scan tool that couldn't .....

Does work decent for the conservative ....

Get ready for anouther tho,Superchips ..... I believe it will be a DTC reader also ....

That makes three ....

Mac :eek:

king D
07-25-2003, 15:54
and very soon i hear there will be 4

WhiteDuramax
07-25-2003, 17:53
Think the Predator is conservative huh Mac,
you need to get some files from James then, trust me, nothin conservative here!

cbrock
07-25-2003, 17:56
I just got the Hypertech a week ago and I like it a lot. The only thing it really does besides the tuning is adjust for a larger tire size. That was the main reason I purchased it. The tuning was more impressive than i had imagined. I have the Duramaximizer too and they work great together. I run the 90HP tune all the time and when i need more, i turn the dial up on the maximizer. You can run it with 0 tune and just change for the tire size. Atleast it prompts you for the option. I know the Hypertech doesn't do all the things the Predator does, but i have read a lot of people setting off codes and I for one have not set off any with the hypertech...even under a heavy load and hard abuse in the sand.

mackin
07-25-2003, 18:37
Originally posted by WhiteDuramax:
you need to get some files from James then, trust me, nothin conservative here! Yip'er .......

Dump the toy get your self an Edge with your Pressure box and Welcome to the Fortunate 400 club .....

Mac http://forums.thedieselstop.com/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smokin.gif

WhiteDuramax
07-27-2003, 16:44
I havent dynoed the new tune yet, my #'s in the sig are from a Reg Juice/Predator stack.

M_Cummings
07-30-2003, 16:30
I've played with the Hypertech, and Predator.

I didn't like the Hypertech, because at WOT< it shifted VERY hard. If my truck wasn't a dually, I would bet it would chirp tires. The Predator comes on much smoother, and shfts much better.

A real good combo is to run a Predator, and a Juice. I'm not sure of EGT, but it does make a Good runnin' setup! I ran a 15.1@89.9 in a 2wd, DRW EXT. Cab 3500.

I've heard the Predator in the 110HP mode will run just as hot as a BullyDog Dyno Dominator 210HP "box".

My $.02
Merrick Cummings Jr

king D
07-30-2003, 16:45
I've heard the Predator in the 110HP mode will run just as hot as a BullyDog Dyno Dominator 210HP a 15.1@89.9 in a 2wd,"box".

My $.02
Merrick Cummings Jr [/QB][/QUOTE]not even in the same galaxay of heat.the big va are like volcanoes the pred does get warm though

Joe.G
07-30-2003, 17:39
Any of you guys want an old VA 30/70 I can fix you up, the Edge Super does all I want and more.
I don't hotrod my truck, just like the power to be available when I need (want)it. I have something else that satisfies the speed craving.

Bragging part:
2001 Chev Ext/Cab/SB/2WD Dmax/All LT/Loaded
S/Juice/Banks/Autometer Gauges -95000 miles
2003 Silverado SS - 1500 miles
1993 GMC Sonoma ExtCab - 110000 miles
2001 Hearst RED 4 link - Chevy BB/555 W/1/1250 cfm carb/7.70@173 mph in the quarter at 3000 ft of air on gas.

BowTieDmax
07-30-2003, 20:37
Joe.G
I would be interested in that Va box. E-mail me at freddybambino@yahoo.com
Thanks,
Paul

schnier
07-31-2003, 04:50
Well, I have had the Predator about three months now and it pulls great on the 40 HP setting. I had the limp mode thing from "turbo overboost code" at first, on the 2001, and Johan worked with me to get a fix put into the programmer. It took a couple weeks to get it right, but now I can pull up to 10,000 lbs and no codes, and no DTC's. It was worth the wait. The customer service was great. I do not know how the Hyper runs because I do not have one. Just wanted to chim in and say they have cured the limp thing.Good luck.

RWTD
08-02-2003, 15:21
Originally posted by mackin:
The Predator at least doubles as the LIL scan tool that couldn't .....Mackster, I got some news for ya, and of course for everyone else as well! The Ford Gas Predator for the Lightning/Harley, and the 2003 Cobra is about to be released w/in a couple of weeks. There's some *very* interesting things about it, such as besides just being a DTC reader/clearer and definitioner lookerupper, it also DATALOGS!!! Yep, it will datalog at 90 samples per second, for at least 30 min. but possibly up to an hour, AND it will either playback via the Predator, OR you can export it to your PC. It also monitors over 400 different parameters (view the list here: www.runninwiththedevil.com/fordgas.htm (http://www.runninwiththedevil.com/fordgas.htm) then scroll down and find the link under "Live Data Logging..."). Now, I know this is for the Ford Gassers, BUT it is coming for the GM's as well. Unfortunately I have no idea timewise when this will happen, but I did want to let everyone know that it is coming eventually.

Originally posted by WhiteDuramax:
you need to get some files from James then, trust me, nothin conservative here! Mac, email me, I want you to try a file out :D

Originally posted by schnier:
Just wanted to chim in and say they have cured the limp thing.Good luck. Rich is correct, the limp problem on the 01/02 Duramax's has been cured, and there will be a revision upgrade released soon that will make this standard, instead of having to have a custom tune done.

Have a great Saturday everyone!

Kind Regards...

mackin
08-02-2003, 20:16
RWTD

You want my Pred ???
Just hang'in out in the back seat ...... You got my E-mail .....

Postage Pre paid ???

Mac :rolleyes: