PDA

View Full Version : Rear end Shudder??

D-n-Tyke
06-25-2002, 07:46
Okay so I have put all of 150 miles on my baby now and have found two things that make me wonder if this is normal.
First, when I accelerate from a complete stop the rear end shudders. Now I don't know if this is normal for this much power or what. The truck is going in on Friday for its lift kit and I want to figure this out before that.(Does the 1-piece drive shaft apply to Crew Cab Long Beds?)
Second, after coming to a complete stop and then letting off the brake in preperation to go, the rear end kind of clunks. Not a big loud clunk or anything just a nice suddle clunck. Is this just the breaks unloading?
Anyone got any ideas on these? Thanks in advance.

MudNurI
06-25-2002, 11:30
No clue about the shudder- BUT on the rear end clunk- thats normal for a Chevy- every one that I have owned has done it- numerous trips with the 89 to the dealer- its the "play" in the rearend- or something like that. 496,000 miles later, nothing has been done to it- well, that had to do with the clunk.

Brandy

oneton
06-25-2002, 13:29
That shudder is the Dmax trying to break loose those wheels from the pavement :D

letsgo
06-25-2002, 13:42
D-n-tyke
as far as Im concerned there definatly shouldnt be any clunk, and the only shudder that I feel is in the rain going around a corner accelerating from a stop. and I would not be putting on a lift kit until I had resolved the above problems.

good luck

GMC 2002 DURAMAX SLT EXCAB SHORT BOX 2500HD 4X4 AUTO.

Joe Duffiney
06-25-2002, 14:24
The topic of "Launch Shudder" has been beat to death around here. I myself have a CC LB and it shudders a little on take off. This particular truck does not qualify for the 1 pc. drive shaft. I am not sure I would want one of that length anyway . I am sure it is nothing to worry about unless it gets worse . Sure would like to see pics on here when the Lift is finished !!!

JEBar
06-25-2002, 15:17
No shutter but my 3500 is going in later this week to replace the rear springs because of the same type of clunk outlined above. They tried rubber spaces between the springs but that didn't work. :cool: