PDA

View Full Version : Predator tech support? or lack of?

thehun54
10-20-2003, 23:30
Anyone having trouble getting response from these guys through email or phoen? I've sent 2 emails one over a month ago as well as calling them on the phone. A lady promissed a return phone call from a tech which i've never got. What's up with these folks? Or i'm expecting to much from them?

I'm trying to update to the latest rev in hopes to get rid of all the codes flashing up without sending the unit in. The rest of the world does this through the web were the files can be downloaded to your pc then uploaded to the unit through a usb or rs232 serial port. Again am I expecting too much?

Thanks for any feed back

LanduytG
10-21-2003, 02:41
Yoiu are not expecting to much at all. All I know about them is they like to send you what they say is th elatest version and when you get it it is already behind 2 versions. They say you get free up dates which is true to a point, but you have to pay shipping both ways so I don't call it free at all.

Greg

Cancerman
10-21-2003, 04:26
Just got mine back back with an update and it is V 1.09. I thought I saw where someone got V 1.10?
I have only run it on 65HP, no codes, but it is acting funny. Under light acceleration it is normal, but just a little more pedal and it seems like I get all 65 HP at one time, plus it is shifting hard.
I will change to the maximum setting this afternoon going home and see it I can get it to settle down.

schnier
10-21-2003, 10:54
I agree with you guys. But the easiest way is if you search for the general at diablosport .com they usually answer in a day or two. I have had versin 1.08 updated and it did not work good on high HP settings, so the said send it back under the RMA number and they had a fix for it on the 2001 Chev. I think in hind sight I should have kept the 1.04 version as it worked fine. The problem they run into is trying to cover 2001 through 2004 with the same program, and many have been changed by the factory all the time. I think they should use one for 2001-2002 and another program for 2003-2004. Just my .02 cents worth. Waiting on the latest and greatest 1.10 maybe next week? But I do have to admit, I am addicted to the power of towing on 40 HP mode.

RWTD
10-22-2003, 12:52
Originally posted by schnier:
The problem they run into is trying to cover 2001 through 2004 with the same program, and many have been changed by the factory all the time. I think they should use one for 2001-2002 and another program for 2003-2004.Rich, actually the programs for the various years are all in the Predator. They go by VIN and Cal ID from the computer. Although they all have the same power levels, each year has its own specific tuning.

Kind Regards...

mackin
10-22-2003, 20:25
Originally posted by RunninWithTheDevil:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by schnier:
The problem they run into is trying to cover 2001 through 2004 with the same program, and many have been changed by the factory all the time. I think they should use one for 2001-2002 and another program for 2003-2004.Rich, actually the programs for the various years are all in the Predator. They go by VIN and Cal ID from the computer. Although they all have the same power levels, each year has its own specific tuning.

Kind Regards... </font>[/QUOTE]James

Are you sitting down ?? Hope so .... The Predator saved my ass from some issues that arised ..... If I didn't have it,man it could have been ....

Mac
;)

BassinRVer
10-23-2003, 02:43
Mackin,

Do not leave us hangin... What Happened.... How did it save you????

RWTD
10-24-2003, 10:23
Mac,

Come on man, spill it! I wanna hear dawg! smile.gif

schnier
10-24-2003, 11:10
Well, got my 1.10 back yesterday and all seems good. I will tow this weekend to verify. Man I missed it. Where's that mustang now!