PDA

View Full Version : Pays to be nice!

More Power
06-24-2002, 10:57
Hi Guys,

I received the following email message today from someone who wants to say thanks. If you're the Duramax owner talked about here, please send me your email address, and I'll forward it to her.

Thanks guys.

MP
-----------------------------------------

This is going to sound very strange, but I am trying to find one of your members. Just this past Sunday June 23rd 2002, I was driving thru Kentucky and Illinois on my way home to Alabama. This beautiful truck GMC Sierra gold in color with the actual lic plate # was
" DURAMAX" I believe the lic plate was from Ill was very helpful to me on I-24 and I-57. I would like to thank him but have no idea how to send him a letter. In a world where so few people say thank you for a kindness, I wanted to make sure he knew, it was appreciated.

Please, If you have any idea how to contact him please let him know the girl with the red Grand Prix is very grateful, and give him my e-mail address. Thank you very much
and God Bless.

Patti

[ 06-24-2002: Message edited by: More Power ]</p>

SoCalDMAX
06-24-2002, 14:05
That's a great post, nice to see some people still care about others.

If she's REALLY grateful, give her my email address. ;)

Regards, Steve

hoot
06-24-2002, 17:54
Try this.....

http://www.license.shorturl.com/

Seriously though, about two weeks ago I was driving southbound I-95 right at center city Philly behind a white olds that looked like it was getting a flat. We were at highway speeds so I pulled up along side and pointed to the rear tire. They pulled over (two women) just as the tire went flat. I changed it for them and sent them on their way. I explained to them that it was only flat on the bottom.

The funny part is.... my license plate is "DURAMAX".

Must run in the family ;)

[ 06-24-2002: Message edited by: hoot ]</p>

taarciag
06-24-2002, 18:34
Hoot, coincidence? your the first person I thought about when I read the post... having the bragging rights to the licence plate "DURAMAX" and being nice must be synonomous ;)

NutNbutGMC
06-24-2002, 19:39
^...More Power... That be me, however, TN tags and IL tags are identical in color, my tags are "DURAMAX" and I travel I-24 / I-57 on a weekly commute to and from work and yep, I was on the Big Road on Sunday.

See a pic of my tags in my sig line pics. However, my truck is pewter, but I remember a red car and a pretty girl......
If it wasn't me, then it can only be one other person (Illinois DURAMAX) but I doubt it... KY has commercial tags for light trucks and no personalization and Illinois requires a number in the vanity phrase.

Chuck
crb862@aol.com

[ 06-24-2002: Message edited by: NutNbutGMC ]</p>

mackin
06-24-2002, 20:04
NutNbutGMC

Chuck ,

You "Da MAN" buddy ......... Good looking out for them girls ...... You didn't stop to offer her directions over to your place now did ya ........? You DAWG !!!!!!!!!!

The "OLE" "CHUCK-WAGON " To The Rescue .......... Get's them every time ........

MAC smile.gif

[ 06-24-2002: Message edited by: mackin ]</p>

NutNbutGMC
06-24-2002, 20:14
^...Mack Daddy.. You rock the house, Dude. :cool: Just doing my duty...Nothing that any other Duramax owner (here) would not have done, seeing that there is a great bunch of members here.

If (and I emphasize IF) this is the same woman that I helped out, she was very appreciative. Let's make sure I am guilty as charged before I grin too big. Possibility that there may be another DURAMAX out there. If this is the person, I saved her 3 speeding tickets. If not, then hats off to the other DURAMAX person for their good gestures.
However, she was a major babe. ;)

[ 06-24-2002: Message edited by: NutNbutGMC ]</p>

hoot
06-24-2002, 20:34
Way to go Chuckwagon! We're spreading the good cheer!

Maybe she should join and explain ;)

[ 06-24-2002: Message edited by: hoot ]</p>

SoCalDMAX
06-24-2002, 21:49
I WANNA SEE PICS!!!

AND A VIN #!!! ;)

Regards, Steve

Kennedy
06-24-2002, 22:24
Reminds me of the commercial:

"And this song is dedicated to the great smelling guy..."

SoCalDMAX
06-25-2002, 00:17
NutNbutGMC,

Was that a little dab of #2 behind each ear, or on your pulse points?

How about a little Stanadyne? ;)

Hey, does this qualify as a "kill"?

Regards, Steve

NutNbutGMC
06-25-2002, 04:52
^...You guys are too funny... It was Octane 96 &lt;===(NASCAR Jerremy Mayfield commercial)... Oh Yeaaaaaa !!!! If this search turns out to be me, I'll spill the beans. :cool: :cool:

APR2000
06-25-2002, 13:48
DURAMAX Virginia tags reporting in here, but not me in that case. Having these tags will change the way you feel about your truck and others,like you represnt a higher calling. Sometimes, not responding, as to CTD or PSD guys, shows higher class. I may start carrying a rescue kit with me. Let's see what do I need.... ;)

Kennedy
06-25-2002, 16:25
SoCal,

I hope by #2 you meant diesel... :eek:

SoCalDMAX
06-25-2002, 16:34
Of course!

What else would make him a great smelling guy??? :D

Regards, Steve

mackin
06-25-2002, 19:36
Hey John good one ........... smile.gif :D :D smile.gif
That was funny .........

MAC

NutNbutGMC
06-25-2002, 21:20
Here's to a fast Duramax. Nothing like a diesel machine.
&lt; Quote &gt;
Chuck,
If this is you, I just wanted to thank you for being generous enough to allow me to follow you for so long in such a fast endeavor for me to get back to Kansas(it's where I live, but not what I call home). I cut two hours of my best time for the trip because of you. Thank you very much. By the way, I am not a strange person, just grateful!
Patti
&lt; Unquote &gt;

Quite an unexpected note of thanks from a tail-gater. Cruise was set on 87 MPH. I passed this woman (westbound)in KY around marker 35. I was running around 95 MPH at that moment, to navigate slower traffic and she hooked on. We ran for a long while and slowed for 3 speed traps. Nothing special and you guys thought I lured her with the scent of "Ode of Octane" ..... LMAO... She was indeed a pretty woman, one of God's finest creations, second only to the Duramax / Allison... Oh Yeaaaaa !

[ 06-27-2002: Message edited by: NutNbutGMC ]</p>

mackin
06-26-2002, 04:22
NutNbutGMC ,

Way to go CHUCK-WAGON EXPRESS !!!!!!!!!!!!

Man you can be my WING man GO to guy, TROOPER BAIT any day ......... WO HOOOOOO !!!!!!!!! Just think could of been a 3 hour trip shortener if it were 117 mph + ......... Should of took the DAM mini van out.......... Of course you wouldn't of looked so :cool: , and she would of paid you no attention in the MINI BUS ........

MAC :D tongue.gif :D

Amianthus
06-26-2002, 10:25
Originally posted by APR2000:
"...Sometimes, not responding, as to CTD or PSD guys, shows higher class. I may start carrying a rescue kit with me. Let's see what do I need..."

What exactly do you mean by that? Being the Firefighter / EMT / Rescue Diver that I am, I hope you aren't incinuating that CTD owners aren't helpfull. Maybe I just missed something.(Although, THAT's never happened before. ;) )

Originally posted by mackin:
"...Just think could of been a 3 hour trip shortener if it were 117 mph +..."

117 mph?! :eek: Too fast for my blood. With a top speed of 97 mph., you'd leave me behind in short order. But I guarantee I could get to 97 faster than you. tongue.gif Not that it would do any good. :D

Mic
06-26-2002, 10:36
NutNbutGMC,

My question is how did she get your E-mail address to sent to a thank you message?

Do you have in on the back of your topper or sumtin'?

hoot
06-26-2002, 10:45
Read the first post. MP sent it to her.

[ 06-26-2002: Message edited by: hoot ]</p>

SoCalDMAX
06-26-2002, 11:10
NutNbutGMC,

As much as you've been gripin' about minivans being able to go faster than 97mph, I'm surprised she didn't just pass your butt and glare at you for holdin' her up. ;)

So that's all you did was run interference for her? I thought you did a complete 97 point chassis check and roadside engine overhaul for her... :D :D

Regards, Steve

Reno DMAX
06-26-2002, 13:30
NutN,

Did you have a "DieselPage.com" sticker on your truck? If so, and this gets around, pretty young ladies are going to be looking for "DieselPage.com" instead of AAA trucks!

NutNbutGMC
06-26-2002, 18:31
^...Upon further electronic mail with this pretty woman, as I had the same questions, here is the straight skinny:

&lt; QUOTE &gt;
Well Chuck,
I am pretty smart, that is how I found you, plus your lic plate said "DURAMAX" so I figured you probably had some connection to "it" then went to the internet and looked up the name...saw something that had to do with GMC Sierra Ta Da I found you!

Thank you again for the assistance. Did you open the attachment I sent you? Now you know what I do and that I have a 6 year old who thought you were cute and gave me endless grief, when I said I was going to contact you after we turned onto I-64.
&lt; END QUOTE &gt;

:cool: :cool:

hoot
06-26-2002, 19:36
Cute ;)

Did you realize she used "you" six times in that last sentence ;)

NutNbutGMC
06-26-2002, 19:43
^....Beats me?? :confused: :confused: I'm just reporting, fair and balanced, you decide... :D Been fun but I'm done. Hoot, don't be throwin' winks at me... LOL... It was a 6 year old, for crying out loud. :D :D .... The mom seems to be a nice woman.

SoCalDMAX.. you have a point... And I would have been really mad to have had a woman breeze by me. If I have to put up with this 97 MPH thing much longer, I'm buying a stinking mini-van so I can go faster... LMAO.... NOT!

Mackin... You still rock the house....

[ 06-26-2002: Message edited by: NutNbutGMC ]</p>