10-19-2003, 13:11
Very nice!

Texas Red Wagon
10-19-2003, 13:49
11's soon great job MT :eek:
Scott

dmaxalliTech
10-19-2003, 14:21
I will call tomarrow and price out some roll-cage tubing...

Alli-max
10-19-2003, 16:02
have you figured out where you are going to install the 'chute? :cool:

Nice times...

sdaver
10-19-2003, 17:50
kinda makes you wonder what the left coast guys think........steve...mike L....dennis......any comments...... :D :D

heartbeatcanada
10-19-2003, 18:03
sdaver
Everytime i see your name on a post i just gotta read. You have got to have the best 1 liners. tongue.gif Keep the pot stirrin, as its never hot enough. :D

mtomac
When are gonna give up? Man at this rate you'll be gunnin for the #1 spot for the fastest dmax, and that'll before this season ends. :eek: Are you gonna still pull next year or are you gonna go into the racing???? Hopefully see ya next year at some pulls, as i'm gonna try to make a few cross border pulls. Keep up the stellar times. Later Jeremy tongue.gif

mtomac
10-19-2003, 18:57
The guys on the left coast are probably scratching their heads.

I turned a 7.84 in the 1/8 mile on the 12.3 run today. I ran the same setup as last weekend but there was no 13-17 mph headwind today. I still need to tune the nitrous, I think I have enough extra fuel to run a little more.

I've been eying where to fit the rollcage into the crew cab while making it usable for daily driving.

I still plan on pulling next season along with dragracing.

mtomac
10-20-2003, 07:54
If Transgo/Gil Younger and TTS/Steve Cole were smart they would trade in the 2wd for a 4wd truck.

If I had their budget my truck would be caged and running high 10's - low 11's

HD-Nate
10-20-2003, 10:01
Have a buddy here at work that is having issues with his '03 POS.....sorry I meant PSD tongue.gif Injetors, leaks, dead pedal, etc. With less than 10k on the clock he is going for a buy back.

While showing him one of the F*rd Diesel sites, guess who is over there posting some smack :D :D

Keep up the good work Mr. Tomac !!

My Duramax runs 12.8@104 on #2 and 12.4@109 on nitrous with a stock motor, stock turbo, stock injectors, stock fuel system, just programming, tranny, intake & exhaust mods. There is another Duramax with similar mods as mine with bigger injectors running 12.0@119 on nitrous.

mtomac
10-20-2003, 19:31
What's the retail price on the upgrades in the TTS/Transgo truck? Obviously when your making the parts it doesn't cost much. :rolleyes:

If the TTS/Transgo truck was 4wd you would have something to talk about when it comes to abuse. There is a big difference between 10# launches in 4wd and 2-3psi launches or less in a lightweight 2wd. At times I'm brakestalling the truck for 20-30 seconds at the tree depending on how quick the opponent prestages and stages. Also, wheelspin doesn't test the clutches but hooking up in 4wd with 1.6-1.7 second 60' times does.

http://antiquetractorpulling.com/TomacDuramaxDragracing.jpg

I've also done some sand dragracing along with blasting around in the dunes up at Silver Lake. How does the TTS/Transgo truck do in the sand dunes? :rolleyes:

http://antiquetractorpulling.com/TomacDuramaxSandDrags.jpg

Don't forget I truckpull as well. I run 1st gear in the tranny with the transfer case in high range. The truck weighs 8000# with a 40000#+ sled hooked to it, turning a set of 33x12.50x17 mud tires with locked front and rear diffs. Think that might be hard on the c1 clutches? I have over 26 hooks on the truck at the pulling track. How does the TTS/Transgo truck do on the pulling track? :rolleyes:

http://antiquetractorpulling.com/TomacDuramaxPullingMuncie.jpg

I also tow 22000-26000# combined regularly with two pulling tractors inside a 32' enclosed trailer. How often does the TTS/Transgo parts runner tow that heavy? :rolleyes: Does it even have a gooseneck hitch in the bed?

http://antiquetractorpulling.com/TomacDuramaxTrailer.jpg

So what's the latest 1/4 time for the TTS/Transgo truck? Is it faster than 12.34@109.52? If my truck was as light as the TTS/Transgo truck I'd be running 11's. I have over 100 1/4 mile passes on my truck and counting. How many passes has the TTS/Transgo truck ran?

Yes, I've burned up a set of C1's with the ATS tranny. But Clint sent a set of upgraded clutches under warranty. Considering everything I've put the truck thru it's not really suprising yhat I burned up a set of C1's is it?

It takes power and abuse to test trannies and burn up C1 clutches. My point is the Transgo/TTS truck hasn't been tested very well so maybe that's why it hasn't burnt up the C1's yet.

[ 10-20-2003, 10:11 PM: Message edited by: Micheal Tomac ]

Burner
10-20-2003, 19:41
Mike L.,

I'm "not" trying to pick sides..but Micheal Tomac does have a good point, fact. Perhaps you should look at the bar load via~shaft RPM and then MT statement may become more clear.

Burner--------> :D

CPMac632
10-21-2003, 16:24
Mike L are you sure about that extreme program being released soon, I have been hearing that for a long time. Until it is released it is custom programming so you can't put a price on that. Until he gets one out there (if he ever does) in a customers truck and does something with it this talk about tts extreme is just talk. And for the question of why M Tomac's truck is so heavy is because he was referring to his pulling weight which is 8000lbs in most classes.

mtomac
10-21-2003, 18:36
Mike L, what you fail to realize is I built my truck for truckpulling, dragracing, towing heavy and playing in the sand.

You still don't get it. Until Transgo/TTS puts their tranny to the test in a 4wd truck truckpulling, dragracing with boosted up launches, towing over 22000-26000 combined regularly, running in the sand dunes and dragracing in the sand and it holds up then maybe you will have something to brag about, even though it isn't your truck.

mackin
10-21-2003, 19:03
So know one can buy better clutch material and or upgraded clutch packs for the Allison 1000 series ??? You should get out more .... http://www.turbodieselregister.com/ubb/hihi.gif

If anyone that would want bragging rights I would believe Steve Cole would with having the baddest extreme tune brought to the playing field .... Lawyers ,insurance disclaimers ,give us a break,what a excuse .... In my eyes it doesen't put out,just like the girl next door,this by far is the reason the general public has no paws on it .... A simple release waiver ,been there done it ....

Private bitter stock like a old man and his wine cellar ....

Mac
:rolleyes:

CPMac632
10-21-2003, 21:47
Mike you better find someone else's programs to sell because you'll go broke waiting on Steve. It is an interesting statement about putting any truck in the 12's with his program, I guess that means Steve got the info he had been looking for.

mtomac
10-21-2003, 21:53
If someone was making their own clutches why would they sell them to you or anyone else? They would keep them for their own customers

gear
09-09-2004, 14:38
No one can buy clutches for the A-1000? I just built a 1000 using Alto Red Eagle clutches. Ive been running those clutches in 700-r4's, T-350's, C-6's for years and love them.

Are you saying we dont need to upgrade clutches in the 1000's?

We have a 02 with a straight axle front end, 44" Bogger tires, 4.56 gears, lockers, Edge Hot juice, Quadzilla, exhaust, ect... that has been through 3 stock transmissions and I just built one for it with the Alto's, Trans Go kit, And a Suncoast triple disc convertor.

I would also have to say John at Suncoast Converters is a good person to deal with. I was very pleased.

[ 09-10-2004, 02:15 AM: Message edited by: gear ]

SoMnDMAX
09-09-2004, 15:49
Mike- call your local Division 3 NHRA tech director- the NHRA passed a new tech rule that should allow you to keep running without a cage-

http://www.nhradiv3.com/index.html