PDA

View Full Version : HELP with EGT Probe Location

crimedawg
10-18-2003, 09:00
I apologize for bringing this subject up again, but I know I will get the right answer here! I just received my monitor (egt, boost and oil temp) from Quadzilla. They show the egt probe mounted in the elbow to the rear of the passenger side exhaust manifold. This is the first time I have seen or heard of this location. The most popular location that I have seen and read about is in the passenger side exhaust manifold forward of the elbow. Please help with the best/proper location for the pre-turbo install (I would like to install the probe this weekend) Thanks

DinoMax
10-18-2003, 13:07
crimedawg, I have the same gauge, with the probe mounted in the passenger side exhaust manifold. Not sure about "newer" location you mentioned, but "older" location works real well for me. Ypu might need some extra's to get it hooked up. Check this thread: http://forum.thedieselpage.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=3;t=006663
or do a search w/ my member # (10096) for more info on the install of this gauge. I also have some pic's. Just click on the link in my sig. Good Luck, DinoMax :D :D