PDA

View Full Version : 99 6.5 intermittent surge and/or no throttle response

busman
12-13-2003, 11:41
Help, I'm new to the board. 99 6.5 in a G 3500 series, 70k, auto trans. Came in 6 weeks ago, no codes, had an intermittent surge that I could duplicate several times. Lift pump & relay checked ok, talked dealership into warranty for injection pump/fsd replacement. 2 weeks on the street & it's back, no codes, now also complaining about no throttle response when applying throttle. Any thoughts or help appreciated.

ChevyDooley
12-13-2003, 23:07
Its the acp. Basically the pedal sensor is bad. Happens alot. Mine is doin it now. Try driving truck with cruise control on and verify when it doesnt surge anymore.

kowsoc
12-14-2003, 07:28
I know the APP is sealed but I carefully drilled a small hole in mine to spray some contact cleaner inside. If you know yours is bad you could try this also and see if it works for you....save a couple of C-notes. ;) Mine's about 2 years and still going strong. Just make sure to seal the hole up again to keep dust out.

busman
12-14-2003, 12:13
Thanks for the replies. I will test app thoroughly, and try the contact cleaner fix.

ChevyDooley
12-15-2003, 19:36
I just fixed mine today yay!!! I drilled two holes in the black sensor piece. 1 in the centerish area and one more to the outside. Both on the outsidemost side of the sensor. I filled it up with non-conductive electronic cleaner and drained. I used gasket sealer to plug the holes (very small pin holes) and it works perfect now!!