PDA

View Full Version : GMC Vrs. Chevrolet

jasonv
06-21-2002, 23:29
Here I go again. I sold my third GMC Crew Cab D-max and I got out of it what I paid. I was able to find a new Chevy CC D-max but my last three were GMC. Any thoughts on the two? Are there any differences besides the hood and moldings? Which model is better for resale? Is one brand preceived to be better than the other? Thanks for the help.

Jasonv :confused:

SoMnDMAX
06-22-2002, 01:13
Around here, it all comes down to personal preference. Cost to buy and resale value between the Chev and the GMC seem to be a wash. The trucks are the same, except for the obvious cosmetics and the option structure.

But, if you ask me, the GMC's are made with the rejected Chevy parts... tongue.gif :D tongue.gif ;)

JEBar
06-22-2002, 04:25
From back when I was looking into buying a D'max, it seemed to me that it is only a question of which you like more, where you can get the best deal, and where you can get the best service after the sale. Don't really believe there is a flip of a coin difference in the trucks themselves. :cool:

3176CATPOWER
06-22-2002, 05:36
I had a 2001 Chevy with the 40-20-40 split seats and the fabric on the pass. side front seat had a big ugly wrinkle when new.After 18,000 miles on it I also found that they were not comfortable at all.When shopping around for my 2002 D-A I tried out several Chevys with the split seats and found they were the same as the 2001 I had,either seat in the front would have the ugly wrinkles and sat like the cushioning was too hard.They also did not have good form to them.Next I looked the GMC over and found the seats to be much more to my liking. No wrinkles,a bit softer,more form fitting and higher quality fabric.If you price out the Chevy vs GMC on the KBB.com the GMC will cost you approx. 300 dollars more,the seats?I think there is more after market acc. available for the Chevy.

NutNbutGMC
06-22-2002, 07:15
<======== NutNbutGMC......

pinehill
06-22-2002, 09:48
Back in late 2000, I did a lot of research in preparation for buying my new truck. I even looked at Dodge and Ford.

I concluded that any differences between Chev and GMC trucks were superficial. I DID like the looks of the GMC over the Chevy. However, I chose Chevy for two very significant reasons:

First, many more Chevys than GMCs were being produced, and I reasoned that I had a much better chance of getting a properly optioned Chevy in a reasonable time frame. And, since there are so many more Chevy dealers than GMC dealers, and they are both prohibited from servicing each other's trucks under warranty, I was much more likely to find a convenient Chevy dealer for warranty work, in my travels around the country.

Had the production numbers and the dealer networks been more nearly equal, I would have gone with GMC.

tpitt
06-22-2002, 10:21
The major difference between a G.M.C. and a Chevrolet is that the G.M.C. owners have a lot more class!! :D :D :D :D Terry

mackin
06-22-2002, 11:18
Hey we just did this ..
-----------------------------------
And, HDMAX(MIKE) had it right with =>
quote:
My Dad is in his 70`s and has owned just about everything there is. And he has told me; That GMC came about to use up extra parts from any and all GM branches. He told me that in the beginning you never knew what engine, transmission, or drive line you would get with a new GMC.

He may be right, But I don`t know one way or the other. Sounds good though!

:D
------------------------------------------

Their you have ,words of wisdom .Mike's dad knew it then ,and it's still true today ..........

MAC tongue.gif :D tongue.gif smile.gif

CanadaKev
06-22-2002, 15:51
Mac, You're full o' **** :D :D What the heck do you call that stuff that I shovel(well, with a loader ;) ) out of my barns? Oh ya, MANURE. Is that politically correct?? ;)
If you're ever over here on the West Coast you can put your Big Black Juiced Chev up against my Bigger Black Juiced Sierra and we'll just see who comes out on top. :D :D :D
Have a good one,Kev

pinehill,
Dealerships are very different up here North o' the ol' 49th. We have just as many GMC dealers as Chev, and they will do warranty work on each others trucks. Maybe Canadian dealers are just easier to get along with. ;)

dmaxstu
06-22-2002, 16:45
Of course the GMC is the Cadilac Escalade truck and Chevy is? Well what can I say, not quite there. When we add the Escalade doorhandles they match exactly the chrome trim moldings.Chevy guys have been known to remove their side moldings and replacing them with GMC moldings trying to make them look more like GMC's do I have to go on? Stu ;)

[ 06-22-2002: Message edited by: dmaxstu ]</p>

Flyboy
06-22-2002, 17:39
GMC = Professional grade. I bought a GMC because it came from a truck dealer well versed in diesels, not a car dealer.

NutNbutGMC
06-22-2002, 19:58
Mack Daddy and tpitt... you rock. I think my engine came from some late 70's model Chevy Nova and the tranny came from an early 80's model Chevette.... Yea, that's correct. It even makes sense.... NOT.... What a crock of that smelly, steaming, freshly concocted, and stratigically placed manure. Geesh !!!...

mackin
06-23-2002, 05:10
That is still to Dam funny ........... :D tongue.gif :D

But hey don't kill the messenger, cause you didn't like the message ........

We should do this thread at least once a month ......

You know that passage from =&gt;HDMAX(MIKE)&lt;= will live a long time coming ..... "WOW" it is "PERFECT" .......... Thanks DUDE ...........

MAC :D :D

Still shoveling the "S**T" ....... I'm in way over my head, as usual ........
.......I'll see daylight soon ..........OR NOT ...........

It sure does knock the "OBNOXIOUS GAS" right out of you GMC'ERS ................ tongue.gif

KompressorMan
06-23-2002, 19:42
But, if you ask me, the GMC's are made with the rejected Chevy parts...

--------------------

If you'll notice, the guy that said that, bought a forest green truck. nuff said :D :eek: ;)

imported_
06-23-2002, 21:34
if gmc is all the recycled stuff i must have some grand prix parts in mine.....notice how all our keys say "GM" on them.......

SoMnDMAX
06-23-2002, 22:04
KompressorMan sez:

If you'll notice, the guy that said that, bought a forest green truck. nuff said

What the h*** is that supposed to mean? tongue.gif :confused: smile.gif

tpitt
06-23-2002, 22:09
I take it Chevrolet rejected all of the parts that were above their standards, which is why G.M.C. is "professional grade" :D :D :D :D

mdrag
06-24-2002, 07:52
Topic moved to 2500HD/3500 HD Trucks & Drivetrain forum.