PDA

View Full Version : 2003 Duramax is excellent

polaris800
09-24-2002, 08:07
I must tell you all about my New 2003 CC 2500 4wd vehicle. I ordered it on the August 28,02 and got it yesterday 9-23-02 what great time. First let me start by saying that I was an owner of a 2001 so I do have some knowledge about the truck. My fist impression is that the truck has a much firmer and by far less bounce ride. You know like when you are going down the road the 01 has a rear end bounce. Well not the 2003. Its starts faster runs 100% smoother and shifts great. The engine also idles better and has no signs of viberation under the hood. The radio, man you wonte find a better sound system if you dont buy the BOSE system its well worth the money. The head lights and the fog lights are much better in the night they are by far brighter then the 01. I just can't say enough good things about the 2003 in compared to the 2001 in which for all your information I LEMON LAWED based on the fact it had a oil leak that GM could never fixed after 7 repair attempts. I never gave up the duramax is great is a great engine. Go buy the 2003 you wonte be disapointed.

Tractorhauler
09-24-2002, 08:39
Polaris,

Glad to hear your satisfied with the O3. Fortunately I have never experienced any of those problems with my 02, purchased and picked up 9-20-02 and am as satisfied as you are.

Regards,
Hauler

typecast
09-24-2002, 08:42
I did a test drive of a new Duramax Saturday. This was the first time I've ever driven a Duramax, and I was pretty impressed. I also thought the transmission shifted incredibly smooth.

Driving a diesel will take some getting used to for me; I've been driving 4-valve/cyl high revving V6s (imports) for a long time now, and am used to winding an engine up to 5K+rpm with a long flat powerband. Driving the D-max, I kept wanting to bury my foot in the throttle and hear that turbo really spin.

Galen

Polaris, any pics of the new rig?

[ 09-24-2002: Message edited by: typecast ]</p>

opiekelly
09-24-2002, 09:33
Polaris800, I have a couple of questions for you, if you have the time. Please email me at opiekelly@hotmail.com.

Thanks

keilb
09-24-2002, 10:03
After putting about 1000 miles on my new 03 GMC D/A I can say that it has impressed me with its smooth ride and is even quieter than my 02 Chevy D/A. The Overdirive lockout is neat and the functions that come with the steering wheel radio controls are super. Mileage seems a bit better than the 02.

polaris800
09-24-2002, 11:48
Nice to here from others who have seen some of the changes in the new 2003 line-up. I am very happy with the overall picture. Yes it does seem to make less noise inside the cab as fas as I can tell maybee it has more or better installation on the fire wall. The pedal seems to have a little more guts when you give it the fuel to. Just what I need more HP poneysssss. I dont have any picts as of now but could put some together if I have several people interested in them. Any way time to line it up with the 01-02 and see what it has. HUMM maybe it time for the mods to be installled??"!:@)#&$ know as WIP A-- chevy. look out all you ford and chry want a bees your number is up.....

Ade
09-25-2002, 05:49
I like all of the upgrades in my 03 as well. Seats, information center, Bose, steering wheel buttons and less noise. The fuel milage isn't as good as my 01 and seat of the pants power doesn't seem to be as good either but I only have 2000 miles on it. I had 35000 on the 01 when I traded. I never experienced any problems with the 01 that I have read about on here.
If anyone is interested in a center seat for their 01 or 02 LT in pewter leather I have one on ebay right now with everything you need to change it over.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1862016549&ssPageName=ADME:B :D S:US:3
Ade
Check out my pictures.
http://www.PictureTrail.com/ade3