PDA

View Full Version : Big problems while warming up

MaxDMax
09-24-2002, 06:41
I started having a problem about 3 weeks ago. I drive about 14 miles to work each day. I start my truck let it warm up for a minute or so and leave for work. After about 3 miles the truck starts missing VERY BADLY, I almost have to pull off the road. It starts with some fishbite feeling, and when I accellerate it coughs, sputters and actually slows down. When I try to accellerate is jurks so bad it sent my coffee spilling all the way over the console. After 3 or 4 miles, the problem is gone. I let the truck sit until lunch time and the problems does not re-occur, not even when I do not touch the truck from 1:00pm until 7:00pm at work. Everything is fine no matter where I go that day. Then the next morning the same thing occurs. I am assuming it has something to do with the warm-up process, I am going to remove the juice box this morning to see it this is what it is. The dealer nearest to me is about 1 mile past the point where the problem clears up, so the only option I have is to leave the truck there overnight if I expect them to try to diagnose the problem. Has anyone experienced something like this, or have any suggestions?

mackey_62
09-24-2002, 07:20
maxdmax,

First thing I'd do is change fuel filter. If your 10k-12k ish might be time. Unless you've done it recently. Then, maybe Juice problem but can't offer anything there. Sure some others will chime in on Juice.
Maybe Un-Juice, see if it clears up?

MaxDMax
09-25-2002, 03:18
Thank you for the reply, I UN-Juiced the truck and the problem did not re-occur. I called Edge and they mailed me a replacement 2nd day air.
Can't beat that for service!