PDA

View Full Version : ATS vs Suncoast (dollar cost) tranny upgrade

fredw
10-16-2003, 15:58
did some calling today to see the prices for each tranny upgrade, talked to joe at suncoast, he then refered me to to suncoast dealers in montana, i call them and the price at the one shop was 2100us dollars for a level two upgrade or 2700cdn. dollars
then called eric at ats, he then said his tranny upgrade level two was more for larger hp, and thought level one was all i needed, gave me a dealer in edmonton, call him, he said the same, level two is very serious, can adjust shift points for your driving, race application would actually squeal tires threw first three shifts, this is how hard it would shift, but you could adjust for solfter everyday shifting, also the lower shift pressures would give the tranny longer life than others, also said level two could handle over 650rwhp, he has seen, but the price for level one was 3600cdn dollars and 800 dollars for install, level two was another 1800 dollars, he felt level one is all i needed for a stacked combo

one thing i did see threw this is i respect my stock tranny a bit more now, also seen that bd has a tranny upgrade on the bombers site, but did not call them yet :eek:

[ 10-16-2003, 04:12 PM: Message edited by: fredw ]