PDA

View Full Version : Juice-I've waited along time...should I wait alittle longer?

MountainMax
09-23-2002, 10:36
OK guys I've been holding out like my post said last week. I've been saving my money and finally decided to go with the Juice. I feel a tremor in the force. Like hundreds of sceaming horses. Those of you who are with the force can respond with a simple:

Go ahead and buy now.

or,.....

wait....... ;)

ChopperBill
09-23-2002, 12:17
Wish I had that problem! Ran out of "fun money" :( Dont have achoice but to wait. (maybe they will get cheaper and better)

MountainMax
09-23-2002, 12:29
Thanks for the reply ChopperBill. But you do not have the wisdom of a Yoda or Obi Wan. Not a flame. Just keep watching. For the force is not with you or me....yet.

Kennedy
09-23-2002, 12:37
While the sampling of 4.30 boxes out there is still quite small, i've yet to hear of any programming related problems. I have had one customer with problems getting ANYTHING to work, which I believe is vehicle related.

The pins on these connectors are held in with a white or gray plastic "basket" on the backside of the connectors. These "baskets" can, and usually do, dislodge from the vehicle harness end when removed and twisted to attach. I've had this happen several times, and it is basically a matter of re-seating this "basket" which in turn holds the pins fully extended. The catches that hold these in place are quite small, and release easily.

MountainMax
09-23-2002, 12:44
Ah, I see Obi Wan KENN-ODY has revealed more force under the topic HOTTEST JUICE YET. This answers the question. Wait and save more money

bmoeller
09-23-2002, 13:16
Just like with computers, there will always be something better in the future. I just installed 4.3 and it is very impressive. I did do the reset of the Allison to the fast learn mode (down shift from 55 three time) and it really moves out.

motovet
09-23-2002, 15:50
I will be hooked up to the 4.30 in a day or two after starting with the 3.0, and most recently running the 3.61. I will submitt my own review (for what it's worth), after some much anticipated testing.

sdaver
09-23-2002, 18:32
WHY WAIT THE UPDATES ARE FREE UNLESS YOU DEMAND THE SUPER JUICE......BELIEVE ME THERE IS A TERRIFIC DIFFERENCE BETWEEN NO JUICE AND LEVEL 4 REGULAR JUICE............ITS THE BEST PERFORMANCE MONEY IVE EVER SPENT.........ALONG WITH GREAT PEOPLE AND SUPPORT. I HAVE ORDERED THE UPDATED LEVEL 4 (SUPER JUICE) ILL KEEP YOU GUYS INFORMED........DAVE :D :eek: :D :eek: :D

[ 09-23-2002: Message edited by: sdaver ]</p>

opiekelly
09-23-2002, 20:07
Go and get the Juice, worth every penny. The only thing I don't like is the defueling between shifts. Where did the transmission relearn information come from?

Maverick
09-23-2002, 22:05
After running hard with the Juice for a week I don't think it defuels between shifts anymore. Mine shifts just as fast if not faster than stock. I sent mine in to get reflashed also. Hopefully it will be 4.3 or better. I'll let you know if I like this program better.

HK 3
09-23-2002, 23:50
I just had a Juice 4.30.0 installed on Friday together with the Autometer boost and EGT guages. The power is phenominal. Three of my friends with Duramaxs were literally blown away. Two of them called today and made appointments for installations. I would not wait one minute, it is that good. Here are some interesting figures: Up Parley's Canyon grade from Salt Lake City to Park City, 5,200 ft to 7,200 ft. w/o a load with stock 3.5" exhaust and a MagnaFlow straight through 4" muffler, holding 90 MPH up the grade which is about 8 miles long the EGT never got over 950 with boost @ 15 lbs for the last 2 miles on the steep part of the grade. The EGT is pre-turbo. I am thrilled with the acceleration, but even more so the consistant power available up that type of grade. I had ample throttle available and could certainly pulled more boost had I wanted to go over the top above 90 MPH. Hope this provides some insight into the performance of the Edge Juice. Don't wait, the performance is to darn exciting!!