PDA

View Full Version : Lastest Lopey Idle and Busy Shift Reflash

TBC
09-17-2002, 20:43
I was having an intermitten lopey idle and also wanted the busy shift update with the lockout switch update done. They did a PCM reflash and said that the lockout switch update has been replaced with a later reflash update. Two things are very apparent since the reflash, 1. the trans shifts smoother-shifts are very soft but no slippage is suggested at all. 2. Had a little lag in power during start up acceleration and that is much less noticeable now. Seems to have more low end power. The turbo comes in at about 25MPH and is very noticeable. Under hard acceleration trans shifts are very firm in T/H and out. Runs good. They also fixed the clacking springs. Still love this truck. Isn't it amazing that a tune up is a reflash of the computer instead of plugs, points, and condenser and setting the timing?

Tom

car of the week
09-17-2002, 20:48
TBC

What are the "Clacking Springs" you speak of? i am just curious. Please elaborate.

Thanks, Ryan

TBC
09-17-2002, 21:02
When going over rough spots especially a hump I heard what sounds much like a hammer hitting something very solid. There are some rubber spring pads in the leaf springs that prevent this noise. The prevent the leafs from contacting the overload spring and making this noise. Apparently this is a problem with a lot of the trucks. I actually had this in my 94 Suburban and my 84 Chev pickup and didnot know for sure what it was and that there was a fix for it. It is a warranty fix. I havn't looked at mine yet but understand that clamp it in place now.

odoh
09-18-2002, 10:28
TBC ~ Wud you have a TSB number or a number identification of the reflash for shifting/lockout? TIA ~ odoh

[ 09-18-2002: Message edited by: odoh ]</p>

hoot
09-18-2002, 12:06
I just had mine done. Love the new personality! Read here....

http://forum.62-65-dieselpage.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic&f=7&t=003930

TBC
09-18-2002, 21:13
There is not a number on my service ticket except the OPER/CODE: J6355 but I don't think that has anything to do with the specific reflash. When I took it to the dealer I told them I wanted the update from the Tech Link and gave them the page. The update was one that added a lockout switch and it was version 3.5 released 3/4/02. They said that one has been superceded by the one they loaded. Hoot description fits what my did. It is a very surprising difference in performance. It does have a different personality to borrow Hoot's words and it is one I like. Will find out this weekend what change it made to the towing part. I will contact the mech and see what he says but was busy today and didn't have time. Try the change. You will like it.