PDA

View Full Version : Attitude Juice dies...

1DURAMAX
06-20-2004, 14:26
Hi everybody, today I took my truck through a drive-thru carwash and after driving for 10 minutes battery light comes on and truck dies.I put transmission into neutral and coast to a stop ,try to re-start and truck starts but is sputtering and missing.Finally it clears up and I pull back onto the road get up to speed and she dies again. I notice Attitude monitor power level at 0,was at 5. I pull over again and after a bit of cranking she starts and runs fairly smooth. I drive away and Attitude now on level 5 again but power feels like level 0. So I try to adjust power level but Attitude all of a sudden has an attitude and won't respond to any input. So then I just drove home another 10 minutes and it ran fine just like stock. Pulled into drive-way shut her down and then tried to restart right away but she just cranks and won't start. Attitude display goes Black and shows some odd # like 10034 and I give up. Then I pop the hood disconnect juice box and try to start again and she fires right up and drives fine. Has anyone else had this sort of problem? My juice box has the retro-fitted Attitude on it. When I disconnected it everything seemed dry and SES light did not come on. Any input would be greatly appreciated.Thanks in advance.

mark45678
06-20-2004, 14:55
Electronics dont like water! I dont know how well juice is sealed up but if you hit it with a direct blast of water I would thinkt its not going to hold up very well..... it may have had water in the conector also?

Good luck

1DURAMAX
06-20-2004, 15:12
Thanks Mark45678, I'm not so sure anything was wet,when I checked everything seemed dry. :confused: But maybe it dried out on the drive home.Edge Products does advertise the module to be completely watertight and I don't think it was hit directly with water.It's mounted where Edge says to put it and that's fairly sheltered. web page (http://www.edgeproductsinc.com/chevy_duramax.html)