PDA

View Full Version : AFE INTAKE

nordy
06-10-2004, 19:53
I had a AFE Intake installed on my 02 d-max, the air filter is collapsing in on itself, I wonder if anybody has had this problem. AFE replaced it once on warranty, but its still is happening to the replacement.

Bobcat698
06-11-2004, 07:11
Do you have the Pro-guard 7 filter or the old filter media? The Pro-Guard 7 has an extra aluminum mesh that is re-inforced so it doesn't collapse.

More Power
06-11-2004, 18:24
I've seen at least three different versions of the AFE filter element. There is the standard 4-ply media, the 7-ply Pro-Guard 7 media and another version that has an open end with an inverted cone filter element inside.

The first two have a respective part number of 24-90008 for the 4-ply version with blue colored pleats, which is the high flow element, and the 72-9008 for the 7-ply Pro-Guard version. I don't have the PN for the third version.

The 7-layer Pro-Guard element is tan in color, and you can't see any daylight through the element. This one would be better suited to severe conditions or for those seeking maximum element effectiveness.

I haven't seen any collapsing with the one element I've used, and the other two seem rigid enough to resist collapsing.

MP

Kennedy
06-11-2004, 19:03
The fit is tight and some people tend to get a little rough with them while trying to stuff into the installed space...

Bobcat698
06-11-2004, 20:53
Originally posted by More Power:
I've seen at least three different versions of the AFE filter element. There is the standard 4-ply media, the 7-ply Pro-Guard 7 media and another version that has an open end with an inverted cone filter element inside.
MP The last one you mention sounds like the Stage 2 filters..