PDA

View Full Version : Beta Testing LLY Juice

Texas Bulldog
06-10-2004, 14:21
Yes I've got one on my 2004.5 LLY 3500 Crew Cab SRW 4x4 LT. I was fortunate enough to be a Beta tester for the new Juice on my new truck. A friend of mine e-mailed me and told me they were looking for Beta testers and I called them, and I got it last Tuesday. I hooked it up yesterday along with the Attitude digital readout and I am quite impressed. I only had 843 miles on my truck when I installed it and after having the Juice on my 02 D-Max, I really missed the power, now it drives like I like it. The Attitude is a great addition and so far, after 400+ miles it is working great. I was leary of being a guinea pig with a $48k truck, but I talked to them and they told me they have had one on an LLY since Jan. and they have been trying to break it with no problems.
It shifts great, runs really strong when asked to do so and I like it! Let me know if you have any questions, I will keep you all posted, I had to renew my subscription to The Diesel Page, I figured you guys would want to hear about it.

tpitt
06-10-2004, 20:48
:D :D I got one also. When I was at BD's Dealer and Dyno days, Aaron told me he would send me one and he came through. (thanks Aaron). If (a big if) I can get my transgo kit and BD torque converter in. I may make it to the pull-off. I haven't even changed my exhaust yet. I'm going to be busy for awhile. Ah! the price of power. :D :D tpitt

Kennedy
06-11-2004, 05:40
Glad you guys like it! Mine should be back (had to return after K&S dyno day the 22nd) soon.

Edge did however, want to keep the Beta release low key as I understand...

Texas Bulldog
06-11-2004, 15:05
I just talked to them at Edge and they said it was OK to post about the Juice for the LLY, and they followed it up asking if it was positive. I assured them it was more than positive, this thing rocks! I have over 600 miles with it on the truck and it has performed flawlessly, Kudos to Edge on thier new product!

06-14-2004, 07:30
Any word on what it will cost at its initial release to the general public?

mark45678
06-14-2004, 16:37
I guess the words out ! I have just over 1000 miles with a juiced lly. Economy like the lb7 trucks has improved by about 1/2~3/4 of a mpg(with the power set on 2) I have to say the attitude has some great features that I wished I had on my old juice! to date I have logged 1290*f EGT max,30.5lbs of boost. at cruise the lly motor makes more boost 8 to 10 lbs at high way cruise. Its like a drug that makes you smile!!! Who cares if it got a Hemi..... you want see a crew cab oil burner some your gas pig? hear hold my beer watch this! :D The guys at Edge have been working hard to make a quality product, I think this one is better then the first juice! And I had V1.2 on the original!

rickdlance
06-14-2004, 16:49
What kind of mileage are you guys getting with the lly?

CntrlCalDmax
06-17-2004, 11:36
I towed with a beta Juice from CA. to MO and back (4500 miles or so, high profile 5er) and got 11.6 mpg pushing it pretty hard. Power is great altough not up to the Hot Juice I had on the '01. Hopefully the Hot version will be available soon. Attitude is quite informative, especially the records page.

rickdlance
06-17-2004, 13:09
My last trip to Ca with a 9000 pound trailer I averaged 6 and coming home MT I got 13. GM is working on a solution. I expect a new truck.

Brayden
06-18-2004, 15:15
I don't see how you guys are getting only 1300 degree EGT's with the box on. I can easily hit 1200-1250 with my stock LLY. It pushes around 26 lbs of boost at those numbers. I have also been beta testing for another company, and I hit 1475 pretty easily on one pull, and gained only 60hp or so. Some of the other beta testers in the "know" PM me if you would, to get some details, as far as how much EGT, boost, etc you are getting.

I am kind of unhappy with the mileage/performance of the LLY. I do have to change the fuel filter though, having 15K miles on it. Maybe that is why the power is down. I only pulled 250 rwhp on a mustang eddy current dyno in 4th lockup.

Lemme know

Thanks,

Brayden

mark45678
06-20-2004, 15:09
a stock lly/lb7 will pull 232~239 RW HP ! that haveing been said, I am testing and helping them fine tune there box.... The current box is really strong low end TQ ! I have seen a peak EGT of 1280* on a 85* F day with 85% rh! Peak boost is 30 lbs on the lly. and like I said this isnt a final production box Yet... Total TQ and HP numbers I am sure will be close to the LB7 but slightly less! The lly isnt as capeable as the lb7..... I think some of the lost power is in the intercooler ducting and turbo! the lly spools slightly faster and makes more boost at low power to feed the EGR but in the end will not produce the big numbers the 2001~2003 trucks will! dont get me wrong juice on the lly is every bit as strong as the lb7 but if your going to take it past 400 RWH you will need to do your home work! the Tranny takes longer to learn what to do with all the power, I will not be changeing the power up and down more then 1 number so I dont think its a big deal...... smile.gif

[ 06-20-2004, 05:29 PM: Message edited by: mark45678 ]

Texas Bulldog
06-27-2004, 14:21
Just returned from my first pull with the new LLY and I am very pleased. I had to reset the alarm settings shortly into the pull, the temp alarm went off @ 210 degrees and reset it to 219 degrees. As I would pull up some inclines in the Texas hill country temps reached 216 and then the auxillary fan would kick in and cool it down. I also reset my boost max to 30 as it reached 29 several times. The EGT's stayed under 1300 and the truck pulled great.
I now have almost 3000 miles on this new truck and have added a 4" exhaust since my last post. The Attitide is really nice and now that I have gotten used to it, and reset the alarms, I like it alot.
My trailer weighs in at about 11800lbs and fully loaded I am about 21500lbs, GVW, going down the road.
I have noticed a slight shudder on take off when loaded, any ideas?
Mileage going was 9.8mpg and 10.5mpg on the return trip, about the same as my LB7.
I ran in level 2 on the trip up and level 1 on the return trip. Plenty of power in both settings.

Darip
07-01-2004, 20:19
Installed Juice w/Attitude on my LLY today. I can easily get over 1300* on level 3,4,and 5. Does this sound correct? Seems plenty high for not even towing anything. Would taking out Cat help or should I just do 4" exhaust? Any help would be appreciated.

mark45678
07-04-2004, 05:43
edge reports a stock lly can get over 1350*f..... set the power to 0 and do a long hill pull and see what you get! with juice you get more boost then stock so you should see lower egt on level 1~2! the LB7 motor is a LOT more capable at making power! I had hoped when I got my lly it would have a 400 hp( rear wheel ) ceiling but I dont think with with stock hard parts you can get that much power! the turbo is smaller ,the intercooler pipes are smaller ! it smokes like a oil refinery on fire(with juice) but still cant pull as hard as my 01 lb7!!! the lly has great low end power but seams to fall off above 2600 rpm? I think some of it maybe that I dont have a 4" exhaust and I still have a cat......

More Power
07-04-2004, 14:47
Launch shudder was a hot topic when the first '01's became available. The extended cab longbox and crew cab shortbox 4WD trucks were the most likely to exhibit the condition. It was due to wheelbase and the fact that these trucks used a two-piece driveline. During a launch, the pinion angle would change enough to get out of phase with the next u-joint up the shaft, then produce the shudder.

GM corrected this by installing a one-piece rear shaft.

Other trucks with different wheelbases can also exhibit this condition, but it's more variable, and likely due to minor differences in pinion angles and leaf spring compliance between trucks. My 2001 crew cab shortbox 4WD truck never had a launch shudder problem (even thought it was included in the recall), so I never had the one-piece rear shaft installed.

I talked to the guys at www.usdieselparts.com (http://www.usdieselparts.com) a few days ago about the LLY Juice/Attitude. They were expecting another batch any day now.

MP