PDA

View Full Version : Exhaust Question

DURA-MAX3
06-07-2004, 13:34
I just bought a 04.5 lly crew cab.I want to remove the cat converter and was wondering if I ordered the part from a 01,02,03 crew cab that is from the downpipe flange to the back of the cat converter will it bolt right up with no modification.That way I can put it back together if I need to.If there is a part number or an after market part I would be thankful for your time and help...Thanks...Also those that have done this is there any problems with codes or whatnot...

More Power
06-08-2004, 10:32
If you obtained a factory take-off pipe made your cab/box configuration truck, the pipe would probably bolt right on. And, assuming EGR flow is not affected, there shouldn't be any DTC codes as a result.

However, the new cats are not very restrictive, and you might run into a problem with the feds if diesel emissions certification is required in your area.

You can measure the flow resistance of any cat by drilling a small hole in the exhaust system in front of and behind the cat, then measure the air pressure differential under a variety of load situations. Once that has been determined, the holes can be welded closed.

MP