PDA

View Full Version : LLY fuel filters

gardnerteam
05-26-2004, 19:31
I searched, but couldn't find an adequate answer to my question. Question is - is the LLY filter more efficient and a better filter than the earlier Duramax filter? Yes, I know it is a different housing and the filter is bigger, but has it been determined by our resident fuel experts to finally be an adequate filter system?

Web
05-27-2004, 07:48
I had heard that the fuel filter in the LLY '04's were different (not just a different part number) and asked my local parts house about it when I bought my spare filter. They called Wix tech people and the answer came back that there was NO change ie just a new part number.

Does anyone have a definative answer to this?

mark45678
05-27-2004, 15:33
the filter I had leftover from my lb7 was 3/4" shorter then the production line lly filter.... you could use the lb7 filter on a lly it will fit.... the lly will fit on a lb7 truck...... some have said there the same element inside ,I didnt cut it open to find out!

LanduytG
05-27-2004, 16:40
After cutting one open the internals of the LLY are the very same as the LB7 but the case is 3/4" longer. Racor says they are the same.
Greg

DmaxMaverick
05-27-2004, 17:31
Wonder how many people they'll fool with that. No one here, I hope. Another case where bigger isn't better. Works for telemarketing and McDonald's.

"Can I get that super-sized, please?"

All I ever got with the super size was more ice. That's OK, if you wanted more ice. They get away with charging more for the free stuff.