PDA

View Full Version : GM is replacing my LLY

Aluminator
05-20-2004, 19:49
I know that I have bored you to death with my 04 GMC problems but GM has come to the plate and offered a replacement truck. The details should be worked out this week!

I know for a fact that all of the big three have had problems here and there with their trucks but the service that I got from the guys that really do care at GM have made a big difference!!
These are not the guys at your local dealer but the higher up guys at the factory that read this site often and want the buyers to be happy with their products. If it wasn't for one of these guys to step in and make sure things were done right I would be going to court where nobody wins!! Thanks Mr.S

I have had 7 new GM trucks(two cars) in the past 6 years so maybe I was do for one that slipped by the person in charge of QC over there in Michigan.

So in the next few weeks I should have another truck and will be looking forward to posting something better that you have been reading from me!!

Dennis

Paintdude
05-21-2004, 18:34
GM corporate has helped me a few times in the past. I have been very pleased with thier help...My new S-10 has a Copper content of 225 at less than 5000 miles first oil change OIL(OEM oil was changed by the dealer at 2500 miles). We will see what they plan to do about that at my next oil analysis at half term to determine extent of condition....

Just do not buy a Kawasaki USA product, I know first hand about how terrible thier warrenty service is at the Corporate level..Not good by any standards..Very disheartening..

Aluminator
05-22-2004, 06:18
Here are the details:

No lawers or hearing

I will pay GM for the miles I drove it till the first sevrice (600)

I will pay GM the difference in MSRP

GM will try to find one or build me one

I get to drive the 04 till they get the new one to me for free

I am happy

Dennis

gardnerteam
05-23-2004, 05:10
That is exactly the same deal GM gave me on a 1994 6.5 that I had extreme problems with from day one. 6 injectors pumps and a howling rear end for 12,000 miles in 4 months. Local GM rep was terrible, but finally GM flew in a big gun from the factory, who took a ride with me, and said "Your right, you've been screwed!" "What do you want?" Late in production year, so they offered a 95, figured the reasonable mileage I had used, and bought back the truck, and told me I could drive it until the new one arrived. It took them 6 more months to get me a new truck, and they got my 94 back with over 30,000 on it - rear end still howling, but at least no more injection pumps. GM Factory rep was great and very helpful. The only thing that bothered me was all they did with my truck was take it to a GM auction and sell it, with no further repairs. I know because I had a dealer call me from another area saying he was thinking of buying the truck and what were the problems I had with it. Very scary thought to think they were going to dump it off on another poor soul.

shelbytt
05-23-2004, 18:53
Dennis,

What exactly was wrong with your LLY? I have a 2004 GMC Duramax SLT 4x4 and have had it in the shop a couple of times for the same issue..

Aluminator
05-25-2004, 19:36
shelbytt,

With around 500 miles and the first time I got it up to speed on the freeway the thing started to rattle like spark knock and the smoke almost stopped the trafic on one of the major freeways here in S. CA.

After trying everything they could think of they replaced one of the computers. It still did the same thing so they replaced another computer. The dealer said it (the computer) was shorting out and the #8 cyl. was dumping fuel causing the smoke. The truck ran fine the last time it was repaired till I took it on the freeway again and it started all over again. Will not as bad as the first two times so this time I didn't bring it back in. I had it on the freeway today and no smoke. Maybe it fixed it's self??? When it is running it runs great!

My 01 was sold to a friend but also ended up in the shop again for all 8 injectors and a pump. The guy says it is running fine and paid me for the truck.

Dennis