PDA

View Full Version : Another newbie needs help!!

loodog
01-28-2005, 14:43
Just purchased my first diesel and have tried to do a lot of research on this outstanding site. With all the different aftermarket stuff out there it gets kind of confusing. What is the best way to get as much power as possible without worrying about the alli and the big bucks of a tranny upgrade?? I would like to keep it reasonable, with just an intake, exhaust and a programmer, but I'd still like to leave all the super dutys in the dust. And last, should I have any worries about modifying a truck that has been stock for 90K miles?? (only way I could afford one!! smile.gif Please help!!

Kennedy
01-28-2005, 15:26
The 2 best choices for the LB7 are the Juice, and the Van Aaken modules. The Juice is more aggressive, but that can push your Alli to the limits more easily...

loodog
01-29-2005, 08:25
Thanks. What kind of other mods would you suggest??
1. Is it worth it to spend 2-3 hundred bucks on an intake kit, or just drop in a filter and/or mod the air box??
2. Will the Van Aaken module allow me to adjust for tire size, ect??
3. What is the best way for me to really learn about this stuff besides reading posts on this site? You seem to be the resident expert so I thought I'd ask you that one. Thanks again

More Power
01-29-2005, 10:03
This site has a quite large "content" area, in addition to the BB forum. Check links in the signature below.

MP