PDA

View Full Version : She just died

denverdale
10-18-2005, 15:05
Saturday, as I was driving down the road at about 50 mph, the truck just died. I was able to slow down, pull over and stop. I hit the starteda nd she started right up. Must of set a code as the check engine light came on . After 10 starts or so, the CES light went off. Today it happened again but the interuption was so brief that I didn't have to restart and the CES light did not come on. I have removed my Edge Juice for now to see if it happens again or not. I have a 2002 D/A short bed ext cab Silverado.
Has this happened to anyone else like this? If so, what did you find/

Thaks guys
DenverDale

patandcathy
10-18-2005, 21:36
have a 00' that my brother is taking care of while i am in Iraq did something similar, the truck would shut off and flash power fast enough that the truck wouldnt die. He said it was a loose battery cable, somewhere between the battery and starter i think is what he said?.

denverdale
10-19-2005, 04:07
Thanks for the reply. And thanks for being in Iraq. I hope it is worth it for the US and for Iraq.
DenverDale

VANDAL 7
10-19-2005, 06:41
PAt and Kathy the one currently in Iraq, give me a location. I am at Speicher.
Vandal7

Kennedy
10-19-2005, 06:59
If it persists, remove the Edge and try to duplicate the condition.

Jim Brzozowski
10-19-2005, 08:23
I doubt its loose battery cable. Even if one looses contact the other one loosing contact at the same exact time would be a very rare thing. Unless of course one battery was already bad and the good one lost contact. I'd suspect some sensor told the computer its got a problem and the computer shut it off, like maybe no fuel flow or somthing like that. As long as a diesel is geetting fuel and turning over it should continue to run.

denverdale
10-19-2005, 12:49
JK
I have already removed the Edge Juice to see if the condition develops again. Since it only happened twice, it may be hard to find it. I may go to Auto Zone and have them read the stored code.
Thanks for the reply.
denverdale

patandcathy
10-19-2005, 20:42
Vandal, we (me and my wife) are at tal afar (sykes)