PDA

View Full Version : Knocking at idle

2DAMAX
04-06-2003, 15:53
I just developed a knock at idle,When slowing down in gear and returning to an idle ok aprox 1-2 seconds after I get a slight knock .When I raise up off idle a little it goes away. Cold ok,just starts when warm. The truck runs fine other wise. Has any one else had this problem and what is the fix?I suspect injector problem .Oh by the way it does it with the dynamite box turned off .And no it is not the tick that went away along time ago.22k miles on truck now.

Thanks Steve

[ 04-06-2003: Message edited by: 2DAMAX ]</p>

mackin
04-06-2003, 16:59
I too had the same injector knock you are referring to.....Same exact condition, just a touch of the go peddle would eliminate the noise....

I have chalked it up to dirty injectors.....Not very comforting nevertheless......

What I have done to alleviate the situation is run a good additive, such as Total Power....Not GM recommended as all additives use at own discretion....

With the use of the additive immediately quieted the idle done to normal.....

Did it clean the nozzle ?? :confused:

Or is it just masking the noise do to the added lubrication in the additive?? :confused:

Your guess will be as good as mine....Time will tell I guess when I bring it in for it's first return to Chevrolet before my 36 is up....

MAC