PDA

View Full Version : Which gauge where?

dmaxmule
01-20-2005, 15:38
I have a daul gauge a-pillar pod mount, and I was wondering which gauge goes where? I figure the pyrometer is the most important, but which hole in the pod is the easiest to see? I think it is probally the top one, but I am not sure. I would like to hear from some of you guys to see how you think is best.
dmaxmule

More Power
01-20-2005, 15:59
Slip the pod over the A-pillar, then sit in the truck to determine which hole is most in line with your vision - on the horizontal plane. The EGT gauge is usually deemed most important, and should be the easiest to see in your field of vision.

My EGT gauge is in the top hole.

MP

dmaxmule
01-20-2005, 16:13
More Power, I hate to keep asking guestions, but some of you guys seem to have all the answers(experience) and I have very little. I thank you for running a great site and I thank everyone that has answered my guestions in the past.

chetp
01-20-2005, 20:57
My Pyro is in the top position too.
I also lowered the power to the lights
a bit so there is no distraction at night.
The lighting was too bright for my taste.
I have Autometer units.

More Power
01-26-2005, 10:06
Back in early 2002 soon after I installed the pod & gauges, I needed to visit the dealership to have the computers reflashed to address the busy shifting issues some early Duramax truck owners complained about (including myself). While there, the tech noticed the color matched A-pillar pod and gauges..... He thought they were cool, and said it looked like a factory installed option. Several other techs, as well as the service manager looked at the installation. Not a hint of a problem with the warranty.

At that time, the Isspro gauges came with optional colored bulb covers that allowed the lights to match most any truck dash illumination hue.

MP