PDA

View Full Version : Mobil 1 filters and pre-lubers

SPICER
04-02-2003, 20:28
I was at an auto parts store today and saw Mobil1 oil filters. I've been told that these are top notch. Does anybody know if there is one that will work on the Duramax? Filter #?

Also, is there such a thing for the Duramax as an engine oil pre-luber? If not, JK, maybe you can build this option into your future bypass system. I won't even ask for royalties! SPICER :D

george morrison
04-03-2003, 16:43
Unfortunately, at this time there is not a Mobil 1 oil filter available for the Duramax engine. It *is* an excellent filter comprising a 100% synthetic filter element very much like the Mobil Delvac 1 truck filter. Very effective filtration down to 10 microns.
George

DrL30047
04-04-2003, 02:07
I have had a Pre-Luber on my last 3 trucks. The first thing I did after buying my '01 D/A was to have a Pre-Luber installed. I am sold on the idea.

You can get them at: http://www.espperformance.com/RLElectronics/Preluberteststuff/indextest.htm

jbplock
04-04-2003, 06:52
DrL30047,

Just curious

DrL30047
04-04-2003, 12:45
jbplock

I am totally non-mechanical, so all my Pre-Lubers were installed by mechanics. The P-L on my '01 D/A was installed when it had 6,000 miles on it. The unit comes with a multi-plug which replaces the oil pan drain plug. One out-port goes from the pan to the pump in-port, and the other out-port has a drain plug to allow oil changes.

My pump out-port is connected to the oil sensor via a "T" connector. All hoses and clamps are included in the kit. There is a complete wiring harness as well.

When installed, you turn on the ignition switch and oil is immediately pumped from the pan into the engine. Within seconds you see your oil pressure gauge reading pressure. You start your D/A with oil flowing through the engine.

The P-L also keeps oil flowing after you shut off the truck. You can set it to run anywhere from 30 seconds to 5 minutes after engine shuts down. In the Summer I let it run the full 5 minutes. I the Winter I let it run 1 minute.

You can also get an oil filter adaptor and run the oil into the filter before entering the engine. Another thing you can get is a quick-disconnect and insert it between the pump and the engine in-port. Then when you want to change your oil, disconnect the hose, hold the connection in a pan and turn on the pump. The pump will pump all the oil out of the engine very quickly.

One final benefit, after you've changed your oil you can turn on the pump and pump the new oil through the engine and filter and not have to start the engine dry.

I've owned P-L

jbplock
04-04-2003, 14:34
DrL30047

Thanks for the details on your pre-luber. Sounds like a very nice setup!
smile.gif

Swanny
04-05-2003, 08:05
DrL30047

It does sound like a nice set up. What brand of pre-luber do you have & what kind of price range could another non-mechanical type expect to pay for an installed system ??
Thanks
Swanny

SPICER
04-05-2003, 16:57
JK,

Are these pre-lubers a good idea? I know you have stated that you don't have one. They are very expensive. I asked before but got no reply, any chance your future dual bypass oil system could some how integrate a pre-luber? SPICER