PDA

View Full Version : Intake Mounted Water Cooled Intercooler

porboyz
06-18-2005, 21:56
Called Heath Diesel to inquire about their water injection system and was told it's no longer offered for sale. However, they plan to have a water cooled intercooler for the 6.5 that mounts to the intake and it should be ready in a couple of months.

BuffaloGuy
06-21-2005, 11:00
Wonder why tehy don;t offer their water injection kit anymore? Did he say?

jspringator
06-21-2005, 11:57
E mailed Heath. Said that it would not be offered for sale until next year. Said that it would be easily installable by an owner in the driveway, and the price would compare favorably with current air to air offerings

MJEasly
06-21-2005, 12:39
Price and installation are what I expected. What about performance? Any guesses?

jspringator
06-21-2005, 13:04
My guess is the radiator will mount where the intercooler mounts on everyone elses product. It should be easier to rout coolant hoses and mount a pump than running the larger air hoses. I am guessing performance will be at least comparable to current offerings.

Dvldog 8793
06-21-2005, 16:37
Howdy
I figured out a H2O IC one time and ended up going with a air2air because of the heat soak effect and the amount of coolant to be really effective. H2O ICs are very effective at removing heat but you also have to be able to cool the water which is allot more difficult than the air2air systems unless you have a massive reserve of water. It will be interesting to see how Bill does it.
L8r
Conley