PDA

View Full Version : Wastgate Dash Pot Lever Pics? What is it? and how does it work?

Shaun091382
12-11-2003, 05:27
I was wondering exactly what is the wastegate dash pot lever? and what does it do? and if anyone has a pic of theirs? my truck is a '93 6.5TD with mechanical injection so i think by looking at places that sell them they are for the 92-93 models i dunno just looking for some feedback? also if its adviseable to have one installed on an engine with high mileage.

patrick m.
12-11-2003, 08:01
Any turbo charger with a wastegate has an actuator, and an arm that connects it to the wastegate.
If you are talking about an aftermarket actuator such as the "turbo master", then sure, that can be a good performance upgrade. If your actuator is malfunctioning, the TM is also a fair priced replacement option.

As for high mileage, i started installing performance up grades at approx 170,000 miles, maybe a year ago.......i think the engine likes it ;)

cruzer
12-11-2003, 08:28
Shaun, If you have gauges then get a turbo master you will like the performance. It was made for mech inj, but gauges are required to tune the TM(boost & EGT). A free flowing exhaust will help alot, your putting more air in so you need to get that air out. Also a good air cleaner and removing the snorkle in the fender is a plus too.

Kennedy
12-11-2003, 11:37
Photo courtesy of Inspector:

http://www.kennedydiesel.com/images/wastegatecontrol.gif

Talk about a clean engine compartment! That's a 1993 model!