PDA

View Full Version : Tech2 unavailable, rotate pump manually?

AndyL
12-11-2003, 03:33
Of the two local stealerships, one won't do my timing because of I am still under warranty (they would set it to stock) and the other are complete idiots and wouldn't be able to do it correctly. I am unable to find anyone even semi locally with the necessary equipment, so do I simply rotate the pump towards the drivers side and hope for the best? I have done 6.2s this way and always had good luck.

Andy

Turbine Doc
12-11-2003, 06:22
No Andy don't do that; you need some sort of scan tool to see where you are at, TDC offset is what I asssume you are after, a offset learn must be initiated before the computer reads the new position is recognized, the learn is done with a T2 the easy way, or harder with the key on key off method I posted before but you still need something to read current value or value after a movement of the IP.

Also incrimental moves make a big difference on these according to the manual width of a scribe line = 2 deg of timing change. I would leave as is until you can find somebody with a scan tool.

gvig
12-11-2003, 19:15
Does the key on, WOT for 45 secs work for inducing learn mode on the earlier models, like for my 95 GMC 6.5???

If it doesn't is there some such combination that will do that for a 95 model??

Turbine Doc
12-11-2003, 19:37
George I'm pretty sure it is only for OBD II equipped, the only ones I know it works on is 98 & 99 PCM as that is what I've used it on. I think pre OBD II must use T2 to do the TDC offset learn. It may work on 96, 97, & 00 I don't know for sure though theft deterrent may interfere.