PDA

View Full Version : coolant plug

steve700edgex
03-27-2003, 21:03
when ordered truck window sticker had engine block heater listed. picked up new truck today and it is not listed wondering if it is standard and where should I look for it

Lone Eagle
03-27-2003, 21:30
Steve, Mine was tied (nylon tie)to the passenger side battery cables just below and left of the battery. Get your drop light and a little stool. Get right in the area and look real hard. The cable is real short. I was able to route mine under the air filter and right signal light to get enough slack to plug it in. Later! Lone Eagle

[ 03-27-2003: Message edited by: Lone Eagle ]</p>

steve700edgex
03-27-2003, 21:36
thanks lone eagle actually did what you suggested right after posting and I found it

NJDMAX
03-28-2003, 20:35
Steve,
One other thing to add. If you cut the tape inside the plastic wire loom,the cord can be extended down to the tow hook. I wire tied mine to the hook and flip the plug behind the spolier when it's not in use.When I plug the truck in at night, I use an appliance type timer. I found about four hours before I leave in the morning works fine. It saves on the electric bills also.
Hope this helps.
Tom

burbans2
04-02-2003, 11:24
I'm new to this forum and I know winter is over for this year and you will not be using your block heater anymore. But this is what I found using my block heater over many years and many repairs. I plug in at home and my burban is now always parked outside and I also plug in at work. So my plug-end gets used very much each winter. The male plug in is prone to breaking the wires just behind the male plug and this is somewhat hard to repair the cord on the vehicle by splicing a new plug end on. What I sugest to do is either buy a short extension cord about or make your own 4'or 5' cord of the correct wire size and wire tie the orginal cord and this new extension cord under the hood. Fish the new end out, so when the cord end breaks you only have to repair the extension cord male end and it will if you use your block heater it alot.