PDA

View Full Version : Maximizer&Hot Juice or VA press box&Hot Juice or Maximizer & Powerloader or TST Comp

mtomac
07-14-2003, 09:34
First off, which is better stacked with the Hot Juice and why. I know the Duramaximizer is harder to install but I really don't care. I want to know if the maximizer or a VA pressure box would give the best HP/TQ output and which would be the best stacking combo with the Hot Juice. I don't want to hear about the tranny not holding in 5th gear because I'm already giving the tranny all it wants. The second box will only be used for truck pulling.

I've also been kicking around going with the powerloader (mainly for the rpm increase 3700) and the Duramaximizer combo.

I've also been kicking around the idea of going with the TST comp box.

I have my Hot Juice sold if I want to sell it so incorporating the Hot Juice isn't a necessity. But if a Hot Juice stack makes more power than the others combos mentioned above I'll keep it. I really like the power of the Hot Juice and I'm doing really well with it truck pulling but I want to run 2nd gear high range to really bury the Dodges I'm beating now and catch the really hot ones that I'm closing in on.

CPMac632
07-14-2003, 10:07
What was your # Michael I wanted to call and talk pulling.

mackin
07-14-2003, 10:22
Wow easy there boys,glad your takin that private ...
http://forums.thedieselstop.com/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif
http://www.turbodieselregister.com/ubb/hihi.gif

But seriously opt just for a pressure box on top of the Juice of your choose .... Both Va or Duramaximizer will give ya about anouther 50 HP I believe ...Get the tranny it would be a different story ,TST .... Unless well I'm not starting rumors .... ;)

That's my opinion any hoo ...

Mac :D :D :D

king D
07-14-2003, 10:27
i have seen firsthand a reflash and a maxamizer,work better on the 8th mile track than a hot juice and a va pressure.now maybe because the reflash doesnt defuel between the shifts .some very good sources say the juice dynoes more power so i would think the juice and max amizer would be a good combo.not sure on tq numbers on a reflash either.the reflash has some higher hp comp programs out but are hard to get.the juice has some comp programs which i am told are the baddest things on the market,but also hard to get a hold of.the reflash does raise the rpms if it is needed.just depends on what you need out of your setup

sdaver
07-14-2003, 11:45
I have tried or had all of these with the exception of the duramaximizer.......TstComp, I cant run it much above the standard box settings with out a bursting or miss problem even with the unit reprogramed and turned down.......Maybe Its an isolated case :confused: ......the hot xxx works well with the van aken 70 pressure box but the higer(van aken) setting yeilded the same bursting problem as the tst.. If I were going to stack it would be the hottest juice and the 70 hp pressure but be prepared to watch your pyro out accelerate the speedo :D dave

I FAILED TO MENTION THAT I HAVE A FM 100 LIFT PUMP AND CAN PROVIDE UPTO 6 PS1 TO THE OEM FILTER.....EVEN WITH THAT I STILL HAVE THE ISSUE WITH THE TST

[ 07-14-2003, 02:14 PM: Message edited by: sdaver ]

GMCTRUCK
07-14-2003, 13:30
A few of the combinations you've got listed are gonna make you huge power but, most likely you're gonna need some kind of lift pump to run them. Otherwise, the fuel flow isn't gonna be able to keep up with demand. With warmer weather now it's gonna be even worse. I've noticed the warmer the air temp gets that I'm more likely to run into a fuel starvation problem while running the higher levels of my box. The dyno #s I've got listed in my sig. were not from the highest levels on my TST box but, from the highest level I could run without starvation issues, which at the time I thought was something else. Looking at my charts from aborted runs I was actually on my way to bigger #s before the hiccup and you can even see on the graph where the truck ran out of fuel.

[ 07-14-2003, 01:45 PM: Message edited by: GMCTRUCK ]

mtomac
07-14-2003, 16:50
I planned on a lift pump before I add anymore fuel.

GMCTRUCK
07-14-2003, 17:22
Originally posted by Micheal Tomac:
I planned on a lift pump before I add anymore fuel. I figured as much. ;) As far as boxes go I know at least one of the companies you mentioned will work with you on customizing a box that might be more suited for your application.

Kennedy
07-14-2003, 18:25
Well, no secrets here, I've been running the old VA and a Hot Juice for quite some time now. That's how I smoked the clutches in my Allison :eek:

Best way to put it: "There's more than one way to skin a cat"

In the end, I may be wrong, but the "bursting" issue does not seem to be lift pump supply related. It may have something to do with the transfer pump capacity etc, but I don't think a lift pump will be the cure all.

If you are going to a loader, I'd suggest a second ECM so you have a stocker. Also, 6-8 weeks plus has been the normal turn around...

king D
07-14-2003, 19:34
my question on the bursting issue is as follows has any one with larger injects had the bursting issue.it seems that some of these chips extend the inject pulse rate so long that they dont have time to refill before firing again.it would seem that perhaps larger injects would remmedy this issue but i also fear larger injects would hurt every day hauling ...just a thought

GMCTRUCK
07-14-2003, 20:01
I've been told that adding a lift pump cured the "bursting" problems on trucks with big boxes. Hopefully this is true and the cure. Kind D's theory makes sense also.

sdaver
07-14-2003, 20:07
must be more than 6 psi :rolleyes:

TST Tech
07-15-2003, 08:00
Hey guys ,
I 'm doing some research now on the mass air flow sensor under extreme loads. I have a feeling that some of the bursting problem could be related to lack of air for a given fuel demand. I'll let you guys know what I discover. SuperDave, 6 psi may not be enough. I really don't know at this time. I do know that on the Cummins, 6 psi is where we take the lift pump off and replace it with one that produces at least 12 psi. What is your pressure coming out of the filter? I would say that is an important factor. More info to come as I get it. Have a great day. Greg

matt-max
07-16-2003, 17:29
hello tst tech

had no idea you guys were so close by!

do you take walk in visitors?

thanks
matt

TST Tech
07-17-2003, 10:30
Absolutely!!! Come on in! Greg

matt-max
07-18-2003, 13:55
cool

i'll see if i can make it by some time in the next week or so

thanks
matt

zip
07-18-2003, 18:58
Micheal, did you catch what TST tech said about lack of enough air? Looks like a 2nd turbo looms large in your future if you're trying to catch Clint.
:D
zip

mtomac
07-19-2003, 07:44
I'm not trying to catch Clint, but I have a couple comp boxes that each put enough power w/o stacking to get me into the 13's or help me beat up on some more Dodges pulling. Then maybe I'll add a pressure box if I want to go a little faster or pull a little farther.

I'm trying to decide which tranny I want. ATS has reprogrammed the controller, now the user has complete control from the cab over shift quality, and boost at which firmer shifts can occur if wanted or it can shift completly stock. They also have a 3 year/100,000 mile warranty. Installation will take a little longer, installing the level 3 parts in my tranny, but shipping costs will be lower with just a converter core to send back. I know the tranny will at least hold up to the kind of power Clint is making to run a 12.6 quarter. I have two different Allison repair/rebuild facilities nearby that wouldn't have a problem installing the ATS kit in my tranny. ATS level 3 kit costs 3600

Suncoast on the other hand will be quicker to get into the truck, more expensive to buy and ship with a tranny core needing to be sent back, but will cost less to install. They have a 2 year/unlimited mileage warranty. The shift quality isn't user adjustable from the cab for racing, towing or driving empty. I've been told by a respected tuner in CA that the Suncoast tranny won't hold up to unlimited power but he says it's a very good tranny. Suncoast level 4 tranny costs 4300.

The cost will probably be about the same when all is said and done with a few $'s being saved by going with ATS. Cost aside I'm trying to figure out which tranny would be better. Now that I have even more power I really want to use it.

sdaver
07-19-2003, 10:34
several boxes out there that will get you to the limits of your fuel system... :D as for the tranny you know where I stand...good luck keep us up to speed :D dave

mackin
07-19-2003, 19:35
Since Michael is going to use the power for pulling only, in 4 Hi 2nd gear ,how detrimental is tranny issue in a three hundred foot pull ??

Mac

:rolleyes: ;)

sdaver
07-20-2003, 07:56
some of the higher boxes will blow thru the torque converetor.........right jess?.......I remeber you saying the big van aken would.......before you got the bd...

BowTieDmax
07-20-2003, 20:55
Micheal,
Can I get your phone # to call you. I'd would like to talk to you about pulling.
My e-mail freddybambino@yahoo.com
Paul