PDA

View Full Version : Hey--I won a Corvette!

redneckcowdoctor
06-16-2002, 05:03
Got a call at 11:30 last night from a local radio station. I won a 2003 Corvette in a drawing. I stuffed an entry in while grocery shopping a few weeks back. Never won anything in my life (of course I throw out sweepstakes forms and don't buy ticketes which doesn't help my odds). My wife and the three of my kids old enough to have licenses are already making time-shares. I'm figuring on selling it, paying the taxes, and using whats left to pay some college tuition. My rides already "cool" enough! Jeff

JEBar
06-16-2002, 05:12
redneckcowdoctor....Jeff, congratulations from the capital city!!! We drive by Marion (I40) when we make trips to Sylva to visit my folks. Have to arrange to meet somewhere and take a look at both your new rides. smile.gif Jim

mackin
06-16-2002, 06:31
WOW !!!!!!!!

MAN, Your a lucky "COW" =>Doctor ............

Sell it ???????? Hell, I'd have fun rotating them tires a few times first ....... You want to talk smoke show .... Can you see it know ... 500 miles on the clock and there asking why are the tires so bald ????????? In reply : "I don't know ,I won it in a radio contest" ........ tongue.gif tongue.gif

MAC smile.gif

NickLeinonen
06-16-2002, 07:10
lucky you... the most i have ever won was $50 with one of those "look under the cap" contests that pepsi had back when the 1st new starwars came out [99 i think]. the cheque that they sent me was pretty cool. it was a 8.5"x11" sheet like a poster that had the cheque on the bottom 1/4 of the sheet..

DMAXDiva
06-16-2002, 07:13
Hey Doc:

Congrats! Seems a shame not to use the car for business, you know, Vet in a Vette...could make for some speedy farm calls (but where in the world would you stick the "come-along?").

I don't suppose they make a Bowie Box for that car yet, but you could have bragging rights for the prototype ;) .

SledZep
06-16-2002, 08:29
Wow!! Congrats!
Be sure to test all performance parameters multiple times before you sell.
0-60
0-120
120-0
Lat G's
top speed
If it were me I would also go someplace deserted and practice some of those emergeny manuvers you see on TV.
I have done the old spin the Limo in reverse thing many times with different vehicles.
My 79 Caprice was great for that. A buddy lived at the end of a long straight road. Drive in....
I freaked alot of friends that way.

:D

RichBailey
06-16-2002, 11:27
Wow, you are a lucky fellow. Only thing better would be to have won a 2003 GMC duramax!

Seriously though, if you want to legally offset taxes and still receive some cash, give me a call. I run a car donation program for my local Rotary club foundation and have some suggestions for you.
Rich Bailey
President Clayton Valley Rotary Club
parussky@yahoo.com
800-953-3533

[ 06-16-2002: Message edited by: RichBailey ]</p>

ThePend
06-17-2002, 11:18
Sounds great. Id keep it